Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion d

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by mattinm, Mar 16, 2010.

1. TrailLeg

TrailLeg Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion

Well, I have some spare time on my hands so I guess it's update time.

ThreeStep the level 62 HC FO sorc is doing pretty well, just got to act 4 NM, but not before running meph and countess about 20 times. I also forgot how imba frozen orb is pre hell :)

drops have not been unkind so far, especially for untwinked:
    -1.13 was nice enough to just throw runes at me through out the game, which I promptly made into a stealth, spirit sword, lore, and rhyme. I was pleasantly surprised to find a lum in act 2 NM, which I made into a smoke.
    -also made an ethereal kings grace tusk sword from said runes, for my merc
    -magefist from normal diablo, very helpful
    -String of ears from NM catacombs
    -gambled a +112 mana ring and a nice +life/fire/lite res ammy
    -Not much from NM meph in the beginning, but after remembering I had gull/milibregas (both from a1 normal) on switch, I found a dwarf star and frostburns, pretty exciting
    -After that I decided I'd just run meph until I leveled (was at 3/4), nothing was dropping but rares and magics, but on my last run (the one I leveled on) meph gave me some nice going away presents, ginthers and herald of zakarum (spelling?)
    -other then that just a bunch of sets and uniques that I probably will never use :)

Wish I wasnt too lazy to post the screen shots

And now I'm on to act 4

And grats to all the mats/pats/guardians etc that I haven't commented on thus far, your D2 skills are admired by myself :)

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  2. Virtue

Virtue Diabloii.Net Member

Thought I'd give a little update on my Sorc.

She just hit 90, I've been abusing pindle since I fixed my issue with lag in between games. I did the math and for me to get to 91 with /p5 (which is what I run pindle at, takes like 3 seconds more than /p3) it'll be 354 runs which isn't bad at all. I'd really like to find another and then some cold skillers to start baalin' when I hit 91.

3. jdkerr

jdkerr Diabloii.Net Member

jdkerr SC FAM

It's a late start, but I'll give it a try. :)

4. Bizurker

Bizurker Diabloii.Net Member

Just got my barb to A3 NM, currently level 57. He is using Bloodtree Stump, 4 pieces of IK, and Silks of the Victor (for the mana leech). I'm going to switch to Windhammer, then IK maul when I can; I'm going to need to farm me the IK armor at some point in the future. Skill wise, maxed Conc, maxing BO next then mace mastery. I never really used whirlwind on any barbs before, and I'm really enjoying it now.

Bizurker, Conc/WW Barb, level 57, A3 NM

5. Nibiru-

Nibiru- Diabloii.Net Member

Ran all the way up to Act 1 Hell Tonight. Act 5 NM on /p8 took a little longer than I thought it would.

DJ-Bilepuddle, Fishymancer, Level 74, Act 1 Hell

6. Sparks

Sparks Diabloii.Net Member

Just killed normal Baal on /players 8, took a while. Only Lister was a problem, I ran out of Decrepify range and tried to split them up a bit. Howl didn't work, I guess because of the monster levels. I also had to make sure I was tanking more of them than my Barb merc as he was getting chewed up.

Baal himself was safe enough just took a while to kill other than the "How did my merc die so quick?" moment :p. I let my Barb merc tank so that I could get behind him and avoid being chilled and mana burned.

My main problem is boredom. Act V was quite slow on /players 8, dps isn't too bad but some of the monsters have a lot of health. As Frenzy all I do is hold the right mouse button down till the monster dies. If I killed quickly at least I'd be moving around a lot and the fast run speed is funny.

Anyone noticed a bug with Frenzy's fast run? Sometimes I just end up stuck on the spot when trying to run. In Chaos Sanctuary it looked like I was running really fast on the spot, I wanted to say "Meep! Meep!" :rolf:. Against Baal I got stuck for something like 5 seconds, but I was stuck in a recoil animation. Check my dismembered hand and weird arms.

I'm hoping to get to Nightmare Countess and see how much I can upgrade my gear. I might get a Black Mace but the Knockback might be annoying. I could get a better King's Grace Sword but the best bases I've found so far is are War Sword and Great Sword. Not much of an upgrade from Broad Sword?

If I can't upgrade much I might park Hardwin for now and make a Meteorb Sorc. I could drop my players settings but that feels like admitting defeat! :yuck: I will get a Act 2 Nightmare merc with Might aura, that will help.

Hardwin, SC, level 47 Barbarian, Act I Nightmare

7. Obdob

Obdob Diabloii.Net Member

I get stuck in the recoil animation with my frenzier every once in a while. It tends to occur when I'm fighting those dang tomb vipers and charging zombies. I just do a quick weapon switch twice. Its like the paladin's charge bug has spread to the barb.:thumbsdown:
    ...stupid paladin...

8. spigot

spigot Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, I believe this is a reasonably well known one, sometimes you can get snapped out of it if you get damaged again, sometimes you just have to s&e.

Frenzy gets a lot more fun later on, get yourself up to about level 75, try and roll yourself a decent straight pit map and stock up on lots of elite bases for weapons. Black is great, but I would just use it for bosses, you want to be going for straight damage rather than CB really, its more effective against normal packs. You can then run hell countess, which is what I'm now in the process of doing, she is apparently dropping hideous numbers of decent runes in 1.13.

My barb is starting to get a little dull now, I will probably start on my next project shortly, a frozen zealot.

9. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

Time for a quick update.

My sorc is now at saving Cain in nm. With the help of larzuk, I made a Spirit broad sword using an amn found mid act 5 and a thul from very early act 1 NM. It is an average roll (29 fcr 98 mana), I plan on trying to make a new one as soon as I get the runes again and another base. This will probly happen when I hit the countess. I want to make a cheesy Insight for my moron, to solve my mana problems forever.

I realised I had not enough skill points into fireball when I fought a CI zombie, so I had to respec. My blizzard is now doing 759-817 dmg and fireball 198-237 dmg. I'm killing pretty quickly, even at /players 8

Sarah, level 46 Blizzballer, SC, Act I NM

10. The Vortex

The Vortex Diabloii.Net Member

I hope it's not too late to join the ladder...
    Ajna, HC Vanilla, Level 12 Assassin, Act 1 Normal

Yesterday I made my assassin. Going for phoenixsin untwinked, HC vanilla. Ajna just made it to Stony Field on /players 8 with first two quests completed. No near death experiences so far. Pumping into flaming fists proves to be useful especially with dragon claw. At lvl 18 I'll concentrate on maxing fists of thunder. We'll see how it goes. Currently I don't have time to play regularly, but I'll come now and then with some updates on her progress.

11. mattinm

mattinm Diabloii.Net Member

@The Vortex - The more the merrier! I need to get back in touch with my HC characters, but I'm having a blast MPing in the SC ladder right now, so it might be a little while.

12. Skjolde

Skjolde Diabloii.Net Member

@ mattinm: Any plans on a new ladder tournament?

13. mattinm

mattinm Diabloii.Net Member

@Skjold - Waiting to see what bob's idea is :p

I'm thinking of a PvP tournament for the 3rd tournament, just for fun, and I'd like the 2nd tournament to not be untwinked. I'm fond of the mini-MFO style tournaments (such as bassen's series going on right now), but I also enjoy the screenshot hunting tournaments.

I'll try to have an idea ready to propose by the weekend, but if anyone has any ideas, don't hesitate to discuss them in here. It's best off if we have tournaments that a large amount of the players will want to be involved in.

14. Skjolde

Just FYI i spoke to bob through pm, and it doesn't seems like he is going any further with his idea. But I can see that he is online, so maybe he will come here and explain for himself.

I was waiting too, you know:)

15. Colorless Green

Colorless Green Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a big fan of PvP tournaments, but I would suggest announcing one at least one month before it is expected to start (preferably more.) This will give people enough time to get something built and hunt for all the gear they'll need to hunt for plus enough time to do a bit of practice prior to the actual tournament getting started. Of course, another alternative would be to do one starting almost immediately so nobody has time to prepare, but that would prejudice things pretty strongly towards certain people (i.e. me and a couple other people with PvP experience and mid-90s chars,) so it probably isn't the way to go.

Short version: I'd recommend announcing a PvP tournament now-ish that will take place sometime in late June or July or something (i.e. after anyone still in school gets out of school.) Since there seems to be desire for another tournament now, maybe something less preparation-intensive that we could do in the interim?

On a mildly related topic, is there ever going to be support for ladder points on the ladder website?

-CG

16. bobwilder

bobwilder Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, sorry that I let you down, guys. But as I explained to Skjold in PM I'm not going to post my tournament idea.

Several reasons: First, the idea was just a very simple tourney about item-based builds (Wolfbarbs, Riftadins etc.) because I wanted to start my Earthshifter druid. But as I tried to formulate the rules it all sounded a little too "vague" for me.
    Second, I have some health issues at the moment and eventually have to go to hospital soon and that distracts and unnerves me quite a bit. :\

If someone thinks this is still a valid idea that's gonna attract a number of people, feel free to do it. My druid would appreciate it! ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  17. Skjolde

I said it to you before, but i'll say it again:

I hope everything goes well:)

18. jdkerr

jdkerr Diabloii.Net Member

I would love to participate in a PvP ladder tournament, but there is no way I could unless it happened at least a month or two from now, since I just started.

19. mulligan

mulligan Diabloii.Net Member

first update on my sorc.
    zoe just hit 91, she's been very lucky already, vex, lo, and cham rune
    and very recently mephy at aaaand :jig:

Code:
    Death's Web 
    Unearthed Wand 
    One Hand Damage: 22 - 28 
    Durability: 12 of 18 
    Required Level: 66 
    Required Strength: 25 
    Fingerprint: 0xac1f1ba9 
    Item Level: 86 
    Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
    +2 to All Skills 
    +1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only) 
    -49% to Enemy Poison Resistance 
    +10 to Mana after each Kill 
    +10 Life after each Kill 

20. Thomh

Thomh Diabloii.Net Member

I`m such a n00b.....Skjoldmose, the hammerdin, is now resting in peace. It was obviously a little crazy to try him out in Chaos Sanctuary with a teleport switch. No block + Fana Doom Knights + Amp = one dead paladin. It was avoidable, though, they didn`t one-shot him or anything. I am just a slow guy with no respect for my characters:)

Now I have to play like crazy when I get home from work and tomorrow to level a Blova for the Diablo round of the MF league. It looks like Sequana will win our battle for last place, but I`ll put up a fight;)