Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Off Topic / My diablo 2 is busted. What do i do?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by LovelyGods, Feb 13, 2004.

?

What's the problem with the computer?

1. Video Card

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. RAM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Motherboard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

Off Topic / My diablo 2 is busted. What do i do?

Hello,

sad to say but my diablo 2 is busted. Not the disk it self but something inside of the disks.

what should i do?

2. Any1

Any1 Banned

What do you mean by busted? Is the CD broken? Is the CD-ROM drive broken? Are the files somehow corrupted? Is your computer broken?

3. Ruick

Ruick IncGamers Member

All because you carelessly broke your cd, doesn't mean it's blizzard's responsibility to send you a new one...

4. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

Gah. Add the option of Give account to Onion. :p Chris quit v/t's and is going zealot. :( (Yes I know you are a Lib)

5. Vindi66

Vindi66 Banned

Is the game still installed? If it is you can get a no-cd file from any of the gaming sites. Its not illegal if you own the cd. I dont use the cd to play the game either. I don't want my cd drive spinning all the time so thats what I use.

6. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I think you can borrow from a friend and burn a new disc. It should be considered legit, since you still use your old cd-key.

7. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

go check out blizzard's website. if you send the $10 and your old broken cd, they send you a shiny brand new disk. and sheesh - it's like $20 new. you act like it's some HUGE deal.......

heck, if you're broke you could even steal the disk out of some battle chest package that sells diablo, diablo 2, and diablo 2 exp from any computer store easy.....well, if your addiction is strong enough. like mine....must play more...typing too long.....

8. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

Well... if u use the d2loader (play d2 without using CD), u will need to borrow D2 and LOD disk from someone... to copy some files into your hard drive.

I will do it anyway... just in case your cd drive breaks down, you still can play D2. :drink:

9. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

I'm doing this too, and it's quite handy

PS: I don't want to see any link to it, since it's technically a cheat, alright? Use PMs or something if you really must

10. Malachi

Malachi Banned

I use a CD image on harddisk since it allows me to play music on my CD player while I play the game. A no CD crack is technically a cheat since it alters the way the CD key check is done. However using a CD image program and use a copy (for personal use) of your official CD stored on harddisk is not illegal. You are allowed to copy CD's for personal use only.

11. p83909

p83909 IncGamers Member

hi

could someone please pm me a link
    I can never find it

thanks for your help

12. Vindi66

Vindi66 Banned

It's not a cheat if you bought the cd yourself. If you didn't then it is.

13. Diminished-Soul

Diminished-Soul IncGamers Member

Dan if u didn't know Brian here had the same idea and was going zealot...

Btw Dan u might be getting Drew's acct anyways, since I still all hear about it cuz, he hasn't removed me from his F List yet.

Ahh yes I voted for...um

Contact Blizzard rofl since they are pros...

T_T Give ur acct to me... T_T

14. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I'm interested in this as well since my disk is starting to go ... can someone pm me a link plz

15. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

I also have a question. Well i broke my cd by accident stepped on it. some how got knocked on the floor.

Now I have a friend that has the game so he came over i burned a copy straight from the rom drive to the burner. Now it lets me install the game but when it comes down to playing it tells me to make sure the disk is in cd rom drive. (which it is). I used my cd key code that i have not his. can anyone tell me what i did wrong ? Or how to fix this ? pm if you can help me i am not trying to get anyone in trouble

thank you

16. Scrub0

Scrub0 Banned

A program called Alcohol 120% can do the disk image. I use it and it works flawlessly.

17. Diminished-Soul

Diminished-Soul IncGamers Member

T_T

Well Brian...

We miss joo!

18. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

that sux.. try and get a burnt disc off someone... im sure clone cd should be able to make a perfect copy... you can also try a cd image program.. you will need a cd writer which can wirte all types of information like cd text etc.. i know lite on cd writers are suppose to be good for burning protected games.. i got a sony cd writer and it cant burn protected disks... you can get a program called i think "ClonnyXXXL" or something which scans cd for the protection they use. i cant remebr what d2 uses but once u know you could find a crack to bypass the protection so u can burn the cd if u dont have a good cd writer, or you can find a no cd hack.... or at worst buy some new cds :(.. try and contact blizzard and see if they can help you out....

19. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

BTW alcoholo 120 wont work if you dont have a good cd writer. ive tried it with my sony and the cd image doesnt work.. it always says insert disc in drive when i try and play game.. the cd protection is a pain in the *** to get around.... its one of the hardest out there