Off-Topic in the OTF

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I'm not making these puzzles. just have a look who restarted the topic. I'm only investing as many efforts into something as needed.

Yes, you manipulated Merv into talking about his favorite topic...

Which in turn summons a wild Krischan to goad him on...
It sounds like my usual routine in the morning of a workday. Getting up, toilet, coffee, go. There's nothing wrong with it. I like certain things to go as I'm used to.

Besides, I wasn't wild about jmervyn. I was a bit surprised that I could make make him defend Trump, just like he made me defend Merkel in the past :).

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
He might be the most entertaining one, but probably from far away only.

My favourite part: "And I'm writing a book!"

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
We have a saying here that translates to "if you have no clue, then you better shut up".

But wow, what a grammatical gem of a headline! I'm not sure if it can be fixed by proper punctuation. Perhaps a comma after "raid"?

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
We have a saying here that translates to "if you have no clue, then you better shut up".
There's a number of applicable Bible versus. Shakespeare too, I believe.
But wow, what a grammatical gem of a headline! I'm not sure if it can be fixed by proper punctuation. Perhaps a comma after "raid"?
I think it's actually legitimate grammar, though I could be mistaken. It does seem to leave "fails" dangling a bit. Where's dondrei when you need him (which is never)?

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member
Can anyone recall why Sheryl Crowe recently annoyed me on Twitter?

If she isn't making music, she should be making sandwiches. No one needs to hear from her in any other context.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Can anyone recall why Sheryl Crowe recently annoyed me on Twitter?
I've been "in jail" since May for making fun of Jim Acosta's stupidity, so I can't check.
If she isn't making music, she should be making sandwiches. No one needs to hear from her in any other context.
I remember seeing her as a backup singer for Don Henley once... at a concert so old I can't find it listed on Teh Interwebz. She's not an intelligent woman in any fashion; she tried to backpedal from her assertion about toilet paper usage by claiming it was a joke. It wasn't.

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh.

This is not unadjacent to your sleeping-on-the-job. I cannot be responsible for everything.

Pfft. Make your apologies to Riyadh, pay your jizya and get yourself back on Twitter, Old Man.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh.

This is not unadjacent to your sleeping-on-the-job. I cannot be responsible for everything.

Pfft. Make your apologies to Riyadh, pay your jizya and get yourself back on Twitter, Old Man.
Some of us will never bend the knee, sir.

Besides, real life is remarkably happier than the Twitterverse.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
You never know what social media will do, apparently. (EDIT - I was thinking Proggies had 'Google-bombed' Trump's name but DuckDuckGo delivers similar results, and they're a bit less susceptible)

Meanwhile, I'm glad that it has some uses, such as putting people in the Christmas spirit!