Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Off-Topic in the OTF

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BobCox2, Aug 16, 2012.

1. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Wait, they don't have Kool Aid in your strange, exotic country?

(I would have called back to "deviance" considering fries & mayo, but I'm trying to be nice)

[​IMG]

2. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

It's trying to be nice ... but it's nice to be trying.

3. kamap

kamap IncGamers Member

Nope, no Kool aid here, we have beeer though, lots and lots of delicious beers.

Deviance --> beer and other things , wink wink nudge nudge.

4. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Nothing deviant about beer. Nothing.*

Particularly Licher, or Löwenbräu, but Heineken will do in a pinch.

Flavored beer, on the other hand, is more than a little effed up.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  5. LozHinge the Unhinged

So, my money is now where my mouth is.

Yesterday, I cancelled my Sky TV (satellite TV provider). When asked, I gave them six reasons why I was leaving Sky:

• Kay Burley - hideously unprofessional TV Opinion (aka "News") presenter. Near CNN levels of dripping corruption and bias
    • Paul Crowther - a (former?) Sky employee made famous for milkshaking Farage
    • Sophy Ridge - Sky News' bimbo globalist cheerleader and oxygen thief
    • Adam Boulton - the forum rules prevent me from elaborating but he is a Sky News opinionist (masquerades as an interviewer)
    • During the recent Sky News coverage of Trump's State visit to the UK, Sky's promotional videos for their coverage prominently featured the so called TrumpBaby Balloon.
    • Beth Rigby - former decent TV reporter, now the Sky News political commissar and someone who has clearly swallowed the Kool-Aid. She is in charge of Double Standards.
    The anti-Brexit bias of Sky, and its full-on globalist agenda, has, as the Brits so succinctly put it, boiled my piss. And it has boiled my piss for the last time.

Also yesterday, I cut off the cash flow from me to the British Bullshit Corporation, the BBC. I would love to tell them why but they are sensibly faceless and opaque in such matters. Reasons include:
    • BBC Propaganda Dept (aka BBC News). Uncountable instances of anti-Brexit, pro-globalist bias, I cannot begin to tell you. You have to be here to understand.
    • Silent on many, many social issues - nearly no coverage on the French Yellow Vest protests, which have been happening every Saturday for over six months now. News blackouts on the true nature of crimes happening in many UK cities. Negative coverage, or news blackout, of any individual who wishes to "blow the whistle" on the real social issues. Etc.
    • Featuring a scale model of the TrumpBaby balloon in their studio during coverage of the Trump State visit.
    • Awarding themselves enormous pay increases whilst people cancelling their TV licences have been numbering 800,000 to 900,000 each year. Why reward incompetence?
    • Withdrawing the free TV licence for over-75s in order to make up the shortfall of licence-payers as people cancel by the million.
    • Gary Bastarding Lineker - £1.7M per annum? Which isn't paid to him but to his "management company"? Which allegedly pays tax in Switzerland, not the UK? Lineker is a shameless EU shill and most of his taxes are paid outside the EU?
    The sins of the BBC are far too numerous for me to do full justice to here.
    I will just stress this - the BBC is the best propagandist in the World. They have no peers. "The Left" accuses it of right-wing bias, "The Right" accuses it of left-wing bias, and many people point to that and insist that the BBC is impartial, as a News organisation ought to be.
    This is bullshit. The BBC is a globalist outfit, selling the agenda of its Establishment masters and they do it, for the most part, with such subtlety and skill that it takes a lot of effort and attention to pierce through their disguise.
    The BBC makes CNN, MSNBC, Fox News ... every other agenda-driven opinion factory ... look like children playing.

TL;DR - cancelled my live TV provider and the BBC TV licence. Feel pretty good about it.

jmervyn and Dredd like this.
  6. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

You probably ought to have cross-posted this in the "Forbidden Knowledge" thread but I know I made that one a bit too obscure.

Bravo on rejecting collectivist brainwashing! Now you get to huddle in "ignorance" like the rest of us proles. You'll never immediately know what the Kardashians are doing.
    Funny thing, I was of the impression that Sky was the Murdoch FOX-like outlet. Was I misinformed, or did it change over time?

Yes, the Trump Baby, while vaguely amusing, is more underwhelming than anything else. Whenever I see it the camera is pointed in the air so you don't realize it's not much larger than a car.

Well said - & I actually like some of the Beeb's programming!

It's remarkable how long they've managed to not openly look fascistic/Statist. You can find Monty Python chatter about just how bad they were, & that was in 1970.

I think the mask started to slip when their grotesque anti-Semitic misrepresentations of the Mid-East started contradicting obvious reality, & people found out they were paying "Pallywood" Hezbollah producers as if they were unfiltered reporters.

LozHinge the Unhinged likes this.
  7. mcknzAlex

mcknzAlex IncGamers Member

Newbie here, been playing Diablo since 2012, glad to become a part of this community.
    Also, Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful father out there!

8. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

welcome aboard. feel free to necro any old threads that interest you or start your own.

9. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Howdy! Glad to have a new face here.

10. LozHinge the Unhinged

Merv!

We don't talk about the Face-Off Project here.

Not with the newcomers.

jmervyn likes this.
  11. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Well, I certainly didn't want to discuss the OTF's exsanguination or braccas-phobia topics!

Now that I've returned from training, I'm trying to work up my resolve for a new creative thread... but I'm just too damn tired.

12. LozHinge the Unhinged

Unless it is a thread about the practical uses of Newton's cooling curve in everyday life ... I am anticipating disappointment.

13. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019 at 1:11 AM
  14. kamap

kamap IncGamers Member

We are disappointed.

15. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

You deserve it.