Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Off-Topic: Deckard Cain's Quiz for Addicted Players

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Off-Topic: Deckard Cain's Quiz for Addicted Players

I'was playing in a party last night. I got killed and became very pathetic. I had no gold to ransom my merc. I had no minions. And I couldn't get back my body because I was asked to find the summoner in Arcane while everybody else went to cube the staff. I was bored and running like crazy in Lut Gholein. Suddenly, I thought about an idea. I had noticed lots of trivia in the game and I decided to make a series of quizzes to entertain everyone. My party members liked it. I hope you liked it, too. It may sound pretty stupid to some people. I forgive you.

Quiz 1

1) One person in the game is nearly deaf. Who is this person?

2) Find the closest well to Lut Gholein.

3) Find the following items in the World of Sanctuary

* White candles
    * Bananas
    * BBQ chicken

The prize for answering all questions right is Cain's cane.

Answers will be posted.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

1) Lysander the Alchemist.

2) Can't host a screenie

3) see 2)

3. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

weak excuses O_O

4. Mad Mantis

I didn't see you answering questions.

5. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

Now here's a tricky one:

Many people who play Diablo 2 think that the Weapons Lycander's Aim and Lycander's Flank are named after Lysander the Alchemist. But as we can all se, the Weapons carry the name Lycander, and the man is Lut Gholein is named Lysander.

Q: From where do the names of the Unique Ceremonial Bow and the Unique Ceremonial Spear come from?

If you know this without checking it up.... well, you're as crazy as i am :bonk:

6. Mad Mantis

It is named after one of the three Amazonian Islands.

I did have to look it up. So don't call me crazy. I don't know a thing about Zons so it took me a while.

7. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

:thumbsup: Correct!!

Don't worry Mantis, I wasn't expecting to find anyone as weird as myself in these forums :flip:

I'm just happy to know that there are other people out there who have actually read the Diablo II manual.

I like reading tales from the World of Sanctuary. Gives the game more depth.
    Guess i'm just a sucker for fantasy :D

8. Mad Mantis

The background story is fascinating. I read all the text in the manual. I particularly enjoyed the story about Tal Rasha.

9. Cerebron

You don't have to read the manual or any outside sources. Every answer can be found in the game.

Also, you don't need to post a screen shot, either. The answers are so obviously that a few words are enough.

10. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

I totally agree with you Mantis. I think it gave a much better insight concerning act 2 then the demo with Marius and the Wanderer.

Have you played Diablo I? Blizz really concentrated on the storyline with that one.. It had about 7 books in the dungeons that served no real purpose,
    and were there just to give the players a better view of the gameworld. I loved those :)

Btw, has anyone ever wondered why we have a set called Trang-Ouls Avatar, while in the manual they speak about a dragon named Trag'Oul..

I've always wondered which one has a typo. Or maybe Blizz just wanted to change it? Go figure.

11. Cerebron

Blizz can do whatever the heck they want. Sure, they can change the name of our godly dragon. They even changed the name of our sacred runes (which took you lifetime to find).

12. Mad Mantis

When playing a game I always read everything available in the game. Not only does it give a better understanding of the game, it also adds some flavor. I read every book in Diablo I. With Deus Ex I even went out of my way to obtain all pieces of written text.

The renaming of the Dragon confuses me. Maybe there is a kind of Necromancer Hero with a name almost identical to out World Carrier.

13. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

I have to admit that one of the biggest reasons that i love Blizz's games is because of the excellent storylines.

Add to that the incredible feeling of immersion, and you've got some great games. I still play through Diablo I almost once a year, just because it's that damn good :)

Not every gamehouse has me waiting for every one of their new games like Blizz.