Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ocean Avenue (Seeya Guys)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Smelly, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Ocean Avenue (Seeya Guys)

Thanks for keeping me sane this month, everyone. Every once in a while, people manage to re-evaluate their lives. I, have been on this point of revelation for quite some time now, and just like I keep to my schedules, I have decided tomorrow is the end of my fun times on the forums. I can't believe it's actually disheartening to leave, as the many different personalities come to form a great environment where one can just come and post... to laugh and ponder... or to spam and flame. Sure, we had our problems, but they paled in comparison to the good times. Disagreements and agreements, fights and group-hugs, and even an all out battle including clams, hoses, and pokemon. Watching from the sidelines as intellect clashed, and butting in to throw some stupidity in once in a while.

My life is taking a turn now, good or bad depending on how I make it happen. After a whole month of near apathy, I have decided to finally follow my own advice, and grab life by the horns. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to align my foot to the bull's groin, and by Monday, the kick shall come swiftly. A house by the age of 21, and the best book I can possibly manage to create by the time I'm 30. It's a good year to start, and the road to be traveled is out before me. Again, I just wanted to say thank you all for being yourselves. You made me laugh, think, smile, and kept me busy during this somewhat tough month.

Just remember something: No matter how mean I could have seemed, or arrogant, or stubborn, or plain dumb... then let me assure you that it was merely a sample of that which I am! :drool:

If I come back in about a year, I hope some of you folks are still around and haven't changed! It would be too damn twilight-zone-ish for me to handle, and my head would explode. I hope everything goes well for all of you, and may your gods bless you and whatnot, and go to heaven and all that other stuff. Well, for the third time... thanks!

:wave:

Leave your comments and flame, I need something good to read tomorrow before I leave the forums for good! :)

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Meh, you'll be back in sooner than a year. Much sooner. I'm guessing tomorrow. Or the day after.

Good luck in your pursuits!

3. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

We'll keep the flamethrower warm for ya when you get back. Oooo, that was such a bad pun. :xmad:

:wave:

So who's starting the forum pool on when he gets back? ;)

-Rafty

4. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

You'll be back.

I call 48 hours from from now.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

a month of apathy?

I'm on year five

and so long!

6. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

I got 4 clams (no not a term for money, actual Yavanna spawned clams) on 98 hours!

7. Satrina

Satrina IncGamers Member

Good luck to ya :)
    Since ya wanted a flame...
    Ya Big ButterButt!! :lol:
    Yeah, I'm crap at it :)

8. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

You guys should watch out with all these bets, I might just play favorites and win someone a few bucks! :evil:

9. masterazn

masterazn Banned

You'll be back, you know it.

10. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

There is no quitting the OTF, only vacation. Have a good break! :howdy:

11. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

I'm not getting why you'd leave

12. Devolution

Devolution IncGamers Member

I enjoyed your posts Smelly, See ya later :howdy:

You're writing a book?!?

On what???

13. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

first off, I hate you. but only in that "I actually like you but pretend to hate you to be cool" sort of way

14. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

What? NO!!!! SMELLY!!! YOU MUSTN'T LEAVE! I swear, you don't reek that much, I can barely smell you from over here! Please, don't! Where will I get my praise without you? Who will be able to content this massive ego of mine as well you? Buddy, dear old chum, I'll buy you a stick of deodorant if ya want! ......please?

*shakes balled fist* you'll be back. they always come back....

15. FoodPoisoning

FoodPoisoning Banned

hehe
    Goodbye sir.

I LOVE YOU :love:

16. toader

toader Banned

Im with Damascus here. Not understand why youd leave. I suppose you either dont/wont have internet, or you feel the forums might get in the way of your plans.

Either way, whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck. I hope to one day, hopefully sooner than 10 years, be reading a book authored by the great Smelly. Are you gonna use that as your pen name?

Good Luck man!! :thumbsup:

17. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Fantasy and such. Been developing a plot for about 4 years now, and really aiming for non-cliche... and there's still a lot I need to figure out. Otherwise, I might do something else on the side... whatever pops up, hehe. I'm leaving because I need to set priorities. Well, they're already set, just need to put them in action. Thought I'd wait till the start of next month, see how far I can go. I love challenges, and I don't go back on my word... so I won't be back in less than a year, if at all. :)

My pen name sounds so ugly, so it'll just be by "Campbell". When you see a fantasy novel by Campbell in the near future, pick it up! Let's just see if I'm a good a writer as I believe I am, and if my plot kicks as much *** as it does... hehe. I've yet to see anyone with anything close to what I'm thinking about, so that's always a good thing. Have to keep checking plots to make sure my ideas are SOMEWHAT unique. The two people I told the plot to (takes about an hour, by explaining verbally, and skipping a lot... this should translate into a pretty big series). I'll remember you guys for sure, tho. Send me a letter and say you're from the OTF, and I'll be sure to sign a copy and send you one for free! I love getting ahead of myself, helps me surpass or at least make it to where I want to be! :)

I'll keep a special copy for Toader, and await his letter! :flip:

18. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Goodbye, as the forums wont smell the same w/out you...
    And maybe you'll be back...I mean, where else can you get away from that white jacket and those padded walls...

19. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Bye man, wish you luck in everything you do. And don't forget to but all of AFI's cds!!!!!

20. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

You think you can write a fantasy novel?

:fish: