Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Occulus...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Pandemic, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Pandemic

Pandemic IncGamers Member

Occulus...

I have a lvl 87 Blizz sorc and I found a occulus a couple of weeks ago; since then almost every death I have experienced is beacuse of the teleport when you get hit. When I encounter a group of ranged attackers (Quill beasts) I allways seem to be teleported right into the middle of their group.
    The main reason I am using this is for the + 2 to skills, should I consider aquiring an Eschuta's ?

2. moi

moi IncGamers Member

It's +3 to skills ;)

and yeah, the fact that the teleport now triggers from ranged attacks in 1.10 has hurt the occy signifigantly.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

if you are pure cold, best for you would be a +6 orb (+3 cold, +3 main spell.)

4. Pandemic

Pandemic IncGamers Member

I have also maxed Thunderstorm...

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

It's worse than you describe. In 1.10 "chance to cast" items are triggered by ANY form of damage. Something as simple as walking over a fire on the ground will trigger it (eg. flaming pentagram in countess tower). This new behavior of these items makes oculus even less desirable for hardcore characters.

6. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

yes but it can be controlled sumwhat..if u r near a group of archers and u r casting, quickly get ur mouse to a safe area b/c it tele's to wherever ur mouse is at the moment it is cast

7. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

Can you verify that? I'm almost positive that that's a myth. The teleportation is indeed random as I recall.

8. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

I'm getting sick of all this complaining about occy's tele. I never found it deadly, sure it got annoying sometimes but it (almost) never killed me and a few times even saved me.

Really, the occy's tele is nothing compared to King's Leoric Hand. 10% chance to cast bone prison when hit.

Situation1, Melee Attacks: You get caged in with a melee character. (being a necromancer, that kind of hurts :cheesy: ). If you survive (ie. fallen, then you cant move. You have wait. And wait. And wait........)

Situation2, Ranged Attacks: You cage an archer/mage/whatever so he cant move. :bonk: Yippee, hes stuck. Now your skellys cant get to him, but he can shoot you. :(

Situation3: anything that is not dangerous but triggers it, leaving you stuck. And you have to wait. And wait. And wait ..... :sleep:

In fact it seems to me that these mods are there to balance the items.

9. Patryn

Patryn IncGamers Member

The worst thing about the Arm is when you walk over fire, it triggers bone prison, leaving you stuck to burn until you die. That always pissed me off.

The Occy has rarely saved me by tele'ing me out of the way, but it has put me in danger numerous times. I'd make Leaf, but it's only 2 handed weapons from what I"ve seen, and only fire skills. That leaves my Orb lowered.

10. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Oculus would be good if monsters couldn´t hurt you but... they can :(
    So, if you in real life don´t like things as to be humilitated. reaped and tortured, if you dont dream about becoming a victim for natural disasters, kidnaped of an terroristic organisation or a copy cat, etc, etc - just dont use it. :evil:

11. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Good ol Occy

I loved the occy in 1.09, but when I got the first occy in 1.10 I despaired. Teleporting all over the place and getting killed. Because of that (and the energy shield resistance "bug"), I now make all my sorcs to have max block and high life, base energy. The teleport still annoys from time to time, but it's no longer deadly, since the high life (usually around 800ish without charms) and max block keeps me pretty safe. It's still the best overall sorc weapon imho.

12. wds

wds IncGamers Member

Did you actually use that wand? I'm using it on my summon necro all the time, ever since I got it and I never had a problem with it. When it casts bone prison close to you it always seems to leave one space free to escape. Or maybe it's just my minions standing in it's way, but it's supposed to be used by a summon necro anyway.

13. zanex

zanex IncGamers Member

I tried this last night and it seems to be right. I always landed where I got the cursor, and in most cases You have it just above the pack.