observation about "% chance to revive as returned" property

grimsleeper

Diabloii.Net Member
observation about "% chance to revive as returned" property

I have equipped my Merc with a Tomb Reaver cryptic axe. This has a small chance to revive killed monsters as returned (they look like a necromancer's skeletons, only are grey in colour)
I noticed that these revived monsters seem to be independent of your party... they don't show up in your party members images on the top left of the screen, nor do they show up as Xs on your mini map, and best of all, if you die, they don't die with you. Whenever I die (taking my merc and all my summons with me), I see the returned revives still slugging it out with the monsters!
I think it might be a similar situation with Mindblock converted monsters, or confused monsters or converted monsters (until the curse/spell wears off)
Just thought I'd share :)

~GrimSleeper

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Faith also has that property, and triggers quite often. These skeletons are nice meat shields and can take decent amount of damage.

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
Faith also has that property, and triggers quite often. These skeletons are nice meat shields and can take decent amount of damage.
Not to mention they can pull the heat off you in very tight situations...

With my bowazon, Faith + Strafe triggers almost allways a couple of those per big monster pack, wich means at least an extra 2 attacking targets for the monsters.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i am curious as to the exact stats/behaviour of these reanimated :p Do they gain dmg/life from skeleton mastery and are their stats similiar to te reanimated horde and have cold/poison immunity for example? do they use charge attack when they spawn by the way?

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
batuchka said:
Hmm i am curious as to the exact stats/behaviour of these reanimated :p Do they gain dmg/life from skeleton mastery and are their stats similiar to te reanimated horde and have cold/poison immunity for example? do they use charge attack when they spawn by the way?
Nop, they act just like independant (while simpahtetic with your cause) necro skeletons. I don't believe they get sinergized, and their will to follow you is very limited, however they will to fight is quite admirable.

grimsleeper

Diabloii.Net Member
As a summoner Necro, my use for more skeletons/revives is limited. What I do admire is the fact that they continue fighting even when me and all my summons are dead :)
~GrimSleeper