Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

obedience

Discussion in 'Druid' started by mynamesucks, May 10, 2008.

1. mynamesucks

mynamesucks IncGamers Member

obedience

I recently made an obedience and also found a cerebus bite helm and I was wondering if I could make any sort of werewolf with these few items also got gores and I'll work on the armors and messticals as I continue fooling around with him I just want to know if I'm going to be wasting my time on him or not or if he would be a functional druid

2. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Re: obedience

One problem with that weapon...it's too sloooooowwwww!

3. mynamesucks

Yeah, that was one thing I was concerned about was the lack of IAS . Are there any other fairly cheap alternatives; or other places in the setup where I could get a fair amount of IAS?

4. Mitch Turnbuckle

Mitch Turnbuckle IncGamers Member

Hello,

According to Wereform central, if you made the Obedience from a Thresher or a Giant Thresher you could hit a 12/7/7/7/7 Fury with either (20% off weapon IAS and level 5 Werewolf) or (level 11 Werewolf). This is not bad at all for PVM.

You also have 40% Crushing Blow which is excellent for 1 item.

The only real problem with Obedience is that you need some form of fire elemental damage to synergize (not implying actual class based skill synergy) with it's -25% enemy fire resistance. I.e. Fireclaws, which precludes you from using Fury and Fury is the only way to attack at 7 frames.

However, as long as you can maintain a reasonably fast attack speed and get some additional Crushing Blow there are definitely other ways to use or add fire elemental damage to your attacks. Just check out some of the other Runewords, set items, or Uniques available...

5. mynamesucks

Well the obedience is in a thresher I have gores for him and obedience also has ctc enchant so would that be a good source of fire dmg? still making fury applicable? and its definitely going to be pvm because i dont have any knowledge of pvp and i dont really care to have any just the occasional fun duel with friends back in the day

6. meccagoldwin

meccagoldwin IncGamers Member

I used an obedience thresher on a werebear of mine a while bacl it was plenty effective even if it is not a lighning fast super gg detah stick. If an under geared werebear can succeed in hell with an obedience a wolf with its inherent advantages should be fine.

7. mynamesucks

alright sounds good i'll probably start building it as soon as i find a pair of dracs

8. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

While I'm sure it could be feasible to build around obedience, IMO it's just do darn slow (granted...I'm used to using a 4 frame two hander, but still...7 fpa is only really acceptable for an Earthshifter build). For the same price or less, pick up a moderately high ribcracker and throw in the runes to up it. One shael later you're sitting at 5 fpa, same or greater damage, and WAAAAY better mods. That combined with Jalal's and a 7% jewel somewhere gets you the final FHR bp (without sacrificing anything if the jewel also has a nice resist mod on it), leaving gloves open for dracs, and the rest of gear open for damage/resists/CB.