Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Obedience" Question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Nethescurial, May 19, 2005.

1. Nethescurial

Nethescurial Diabloii.Net Member

"Obedience" Question

I gave my Act 2 mercenary an "Obedience" polearm tonight. I'm not sure but it looks like the Enchant proc on it does nothing at all. Does anyone know if it helps him with attack rating or damage? Does it help my own character or other members of my party in either regard? Thanks in advance!

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

His weapon wont turn red like normal chars do, since equip does not change the looks of mercs.
    He should get a small amount of damage and ar from it, but remember that the damage without the synergies and fire mastery that sorcs can have, is not very big...
    And no, it will not help your char, only merc.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind Diabloii.Net Member

The way it seems to work is when the bearer of said weapon kills an enemy there is a three-out-of-ten chance a SLvl21 Enchant will be cast centered on the bearer, him/herself. Since this is a merc, and I've not heard of a bug with this specific item, I should imagine when the merc gets the final hit on every fourth monster he should enchant himself for more fire damage and attack rating. It's not the LCS, but the LMS could also have problems, however if you're not seeing the Enchant cast at all then it could be an in-game bug.

Try having your merc killing a lot of monsters in normal games and see if it's activated. Sometimes the merc won't active his aura or such, so it's possible other similar issues can occur.

4. Nethescurial

Thanks for the info. For some reason the damage bonus does not appear on the merc's character screen when Enchant is active so I was confused.

5. Nethescurial

Thank you too for your input! I do see the casting animation for Enchant when it procs, but I do not see any change in the displayed damage on the merc screen, nor the fire damage animation when he hits afterwards. I don't know what LCS or LMS means.

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

The damage screen stats are notoriously unreliable, so it's hard to say if it's bugged or not. Even without the Enchant though, I think Obedience is one of the very best merc polearms for the runage.

7. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Not to forget 'Honor' runeword. Amn+El+Ith+Tir+Sol = cheap ;)

8. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

I use that personally, it's best placed in a 15% sup eth lance. I only use it until my mercs can use Obedience cryptic axes tho.. and I've gotten rather fond of "Insight" too, which is as cheap, but can't be done in lances...

9. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi Diabloii.Net Member

LCS = Lying Character Screen
    LMS = Lying Merc Screen

It is a well known fact that what you see on those screens does not always reflect reality.

--T