Obama and the National Anthem

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Obama and the National Anthem

I personally don't care what the world thinks of the US, nor do I care what others think about me.

I don't bend to "peer-pressure" :)

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member

Last Saturday, four friends and I were sitting around watching the Russia vs Spain game and talking about general ****. One of my friends is from Norway so we had a lot of those over-the-top "Americans are like this and Norwegians are like that." You know, purposefully arrogant **** just said to annoy the other side. My friend John kind of won that argument when he claimed, in a fit of patriotism and drunkenness, that the United States invented roads. When my Norwegian friend attempted to call him out on that statement, John returned with "You wouldn't know anything about it because America also invented Norway."

Isn't patriotism fun?

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member

Isn't patriotism fun?
Grabs his chawin tobackey and scattergun ... jumps in his blue-smokin' 1962 Ford pickup with an "America: Love it or leave it" bumper sticker and heads down the dirt road swiggin' moonshine, firing off a few blasts, and screamin' "YeeHaw, *** those long-haired Pinko Commie Libruls ".

*Sorry, that vision just popped into my head. Continue on ...

s4nder

Diabloii.Net Member

The singing was awful. No anthem should sound that bad.

s4nder

Diabloii.Net Member

When the national anthem of your country covers one and a half octaves, let me know.
I'm not sure what you're getting at but I wasn't bashing the US anthem itself, just the way it was performed.

Here is the Estonian anthem. Admittedly a bit monotonous but not all that different from others.

Last edited:

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member

Mac was getting at the fact that because the range on the US national anthem is so large, it is difficult to sing, and thus people tend to screw it up more.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member

My Country 'Tis of Thee is a rip-off too. And God Bless America was written by a *** from Russia. America the Beautiful is the only real one we've got! It's also the most unique to the country, which I kind of like. At least it made it as our national hymn.