Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oak vs Wolverine

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Bandit, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

Oak vs Wolverine

Hey all, I'm currently building my very first wolf druid (Thank god nobody took OgamiItto ^_^) anyway, I'm more than likely going to max wolf, lycan, fury and feral rage. The only summon I plan on using is a sage, but i'm curious which should I go with? with max lycan i'll already have a nice amount of life, and with feral i'll have nice ar and damage. right now i'm leaning more towards wolverine in that if dies, at least i won't be stranded for life *shrug* any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

2. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Well, it seems that most wolfies choose Oak, as it adds some very hefty life to your build. Im not sure you'll be "stranded" for life, as you will still be better off in life than if you never used it.:prop:

With all of the +ed% you will be getting, the extra damage from HOW because kinda redundant.

I would also consider putting those points from Feral Rage into either summons, as its nice as a 1 point wonder and not really needed with the full 20 points. You could twink out a lvl 20 grizzly with those points, he could help keep you alive in PVM, and serve as a distraction in PVP.

3. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

Both are good.. you really can't go wrong if you build your character properly.
    Alot of wolves choose oak over HoW cause AR is less of an issue.

ps like bogie said dont max feral, it's a one point wonder. If you have alot of +to skills that will be plenty enough.

4. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

Thing is this is my first character (gave my other account to some random person because i'm spontaneous like that :p) so i won't have top-notch equipment for a while. i'll definately look into the not-maxing-feral route lol, thanks guys :D

5. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Put a few points in Cyclone armor too , its a one point wonder for fury/rabie wolves in pk but pure fury wolves could put more leftover points in it since they can afford too after maxin oak,werewolf,fury,lycan.

6. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

so many choices lol. about cyclone though, is it worth the points when not synergized?

7. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

At lvl 20 cyclone armor will absorb around 250 damage. Thats nice and can really help in PVM, in PVP though I think the high elemental duelers would tear you it apart in seconds. (A good way to think of it is as 250 more life against casters..... alright... but nothing fantastic.

Kiba- Do you use cyclone armor/think its worth it?

8. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

I have a lvl26 cyclone on my druid. It doesn't shield me from all sorc attacks, but it can save me from a mistake or two.

9. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

The only problem I have with cyclone armor is that you can't recast it while shifted, otherwise tanking elemental damage would be a breeze. I've made wolfs with HoW and Oak, but Oak outshines. HoW is good, no doubt, but the damage and AR bonus just doesn't contribute as much. Wolfs have naturally good damage and AR already.

10. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of Wolves!!

Very kind of you to give your account away, hope the lucky person is making good use of the wealth. The debate between Oak and HoW continues and continues and continues. It really depends on your style playing and how you envision your wolf to be. If you're looking for that Vita Fury build then by all means the Oak will really make your life crazy. If you're doing that total offense Fury build (dang the torpedoes, full speed ahead) and subscribe to the idea that Damage is King then HoW will be your choice. In uber town, both sprits die in seconds so oh well...

Good luck and Good hunting!
    Kirah

11. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Bandit make shure your weapons are extreamly fast. Like for say go for weapons like lightsabers shealed. If your 1 handed. But dont do 1 handed with any of the cheaper to get weapons out there.

If you go with 2 handers do the ik muals double shealed, windhammers shealed, bonehews shealed. Basicly if the 2 handed weapon has 30% or more ias and 2 open socts. Sheal the crap out of it.