o_O

ael

Diabloii.Net Member
o_O

This is a type of thread I thought I`ll neverever post. Actualy I used to look kinda funny at ppl who posted similar stuff. :scratch:

Well, the thing is I have a problem with, erm, women. *counts to ten and takes a deep breath*

There`s a chick I realy like in my class, and she gave me some signs that suggested that she likes me too. And later on she actualy told me that herself. So on a party I made my move and she just said that `stop trying`. :shocked:

Ok I was kinda shocked so I made a couple of turns around the bar and refueled myself with alcohol. At the end of the night she said she`ll have to think about it. OK, why not. And after that se just became evasive(?). I figured that this isnt good so I told her that if she doesnt want to get involved with me she should just tell me straight and thats it. So she did.

Anyways, I still cant get her out of my skull, and she still seems unhappy. I dunno, this is friggin weird. She made the first move, and when I reacted to it she just doesnt care about me. Keeps looking away occasionaly when I talk to her and stuff, I can tell she isnt feeling too confortable around me. All I can think of is that she started seeing another guy. Still I cant ask her if Im right, and I cant ask someone to ask her because that would be too obvious.

Message to all the women in the world: I cant understand a thing about ya!

So should I push on or just leave it dead and try and forget? :sad2:

If she said she isn't interested and didn't hint otherwise through body language, leave it.

I don't know how much you drank, but drunk is a bad way to ask someone out.

gorf

Diabloii.Net Member
"Drunk is the only way to ask a woman out."
"hooray for female mindgames..."

I'll drink to that!

Personally, I'd ask her friends. Just be straight, explain that you're confused. They won't be shy about breaking your heart. Sure you repeat that crummy feeling that is getting turned down, but hopefully they'll help to remove your confusion...

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
This is a type of thread I thought I`ll neverever post. Actualy I used to look kinda funny at ppl who posted similar stuff. :scratch:

Well, the thing is I have a problem with, erm, women. *counts to ten and takes a deep breath*

There`s a chick I realy like in my class, and she gave me some signs that suggested that she likes me too. And later on she actualy told me that herself. So on a party I made my move and she just said that `stop trying`. :shocked:

Ok I was kinda shocked so I made a couple of turns around the bar and refueled myself with alcohol. At the end of the night she said she`ll have to think about it. OK, why not. And after that se just became evasive(?). I figured that this isnt good so I told her that if she doesnt want to get involved with me she should just tell me straight and thats it. So she did.

Anyways, I still cant get her out of my skull, and she still seems unhappy. I dunno, this is friggin weird. She made the first move, and when I reacted to it she just doesnt care about me. Keeps looking away occasionaly when I talk to her and stuff, I can tell she isnt feeling too confortable around me. All I can think of is that she started seeing another guy. Still I cant ask her if Im right, and I cant ask someone to ask her because that would be too obvious.

Message to all the women in the world: I cant understand a thing about ya!

So should I push on or just leave it dead and try and forget? :sad2:
She's uncomfy because she turned you down. She showed interest and decided against you, and now that bothers her, cos she probably didn't want to hurt you.
Sometimes we women aren't any better at communicating than men.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
She's uncomfy because she turned you down. She showed interest and decided against you, and now that bothers her, cos she probably didn't want to hurt you.
Sometimes we women aren't any better at communicating than men.
Wow... that's an angle I hadn't thought about, when I read that. I was considering asking just what the OP had asked her - sometimes, couth is lacking. Maybe it's just something as simple as you put it.. hard to imagine that the male and female minds aren't all that different, though.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow... that's an angle I hadn't thought about, when I read that. I was considering asking just what the OP had asked her - sometimes, couth is lacking. Maybe it's just something as simple as you put it.. hard to imagine that the male and female minds aren't all that different, though.
I'm gonna have to generalize for a moment, but I don't mean it like that:

Generally, we women are longer bothered by things like this. I can't know for sure cos I don't know enough of this situation. But she showed interest, and got response, but decided she doesn't want to take that step, which means hurting the lad.

Now, she doesn't know how to tell him without hurting him and she doesn't want to so she avoids him. Then he asks, and she doesn't want to hurt him and decides to be honest about it. But it makes her feel uncomfy, cos she knows she showed interest, and feels sad having to turn him down this way.

Generally, women care more about how the other person involved feels. I don't mean to say that men are heartless or that all women are this considerate, but generally speaking it's like that.

FirsTimer

Diabloii.Net Member
She was probably drunk when she first expressed interest. Find a new crush.

@ Lorven: Thank you so much, I no longer have to futilely attempt to explain to my better half what it's like interacting with her.

ael

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm gonna have to generalize for a moment, but I don't mean it like that:

Generally, we women are longer bothered by things like this. I can't know for sure cos I don't know enough of this situation. But she showed interest, and got response, but decided she doesn't want to take that step, which means hurting the lad.

Now, she doesn't know how to tell him without hurting him and she doesn't want to so she avoids him. Then he asks, and she doesn't want to hurt him and decides to be honest about it. But it makes her feel uncomfy, cos she knows she showed interest, and feels sad having to turn him down this way.

Generally, women care more about how the other person involved feels. I don't mean to say that men are heartless or that all women are this considerate, but generally speaking it's like that.
We`re quite lucky that we have female forumers too.

Yeah I think your right about what you are saying. Altho she became veeerrry uncomfy today to say the least. She was quiet in general, but obvously tense and kept talking to herself. :shocked: I would like to believe that I have nothing to do with this. I mean she realy realy realy looked stressed today.

I start to believe that she`s a weirdo. But still attractive tho. (<-regular male pig comment).

I keep attracting all the weirdo girls in school. The last chick that asked me out said that we`re spiritualy connected somehow and that she sees our future together.:scratch:

Star Dust

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe I speak for all men when I say I'd much, much, much rather be hurt than confused. But oh well.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
We`re quite lucky that we have female forumers too.

Yeah I think your right about what you are saying. Altho she became veeerrry uncomfy today to say the least. She was quiet in general, but obvously tense and kept talking to herself. :shocked: I would like to believe that I have nothing to do with this. I mean she realy realy realy looked stressed today.

I start to believe that she`s a weirdo. But still attractive tho. (<-regular male pig comment).

I keep attracting all the weirdo girls in school. The last chick that asked me out said that we`re spiritualy connected somehow and that she sees our future together.:scratch:

It changes over the years. I used to always attract weirdos. Nowadays I don't attract anyone at all.
....hang on, not much of an improvement there.

But as I said: we women are weird too, most humans are, and yes, I think that's why she keeps acting so odd.