Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

nub merc question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by mythos, Sep 21, 2006.

1. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

nub merc question

can a3 merc carry 1 hand axes? or are they limited to swords.

I'm at work so can't test it til i get home, and i'm too impatient to wait until then:tongue:

2. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Swords only, unfortunately. I wish Bnet would change that, at least they could use spectral shard, but then the animation wouldn't match up. :lipsrsealed:

I threw an ethereal blackoak shield (unique luna) on my old iron wolf and it gave him +43 dex, enough to equip lightsabre iirc. The damage wasn't amazing but it was stylish. His other gear was an ethereal vipermagi with a res jewel in it, and a shako.

For a more damaging weapon, you can try for a frostwind if you can meet the str/dex req.

Good Luck

3. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

thx for the reply. my plan was to slap a beast zerk on him. but maybe i'll use a lw phase instead. or just use a a1 faith merc.

4. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

What type of character do u use? Why not a desert warrior?

For an iron wolf, does might help his damage? In that case, LWz would be great. Other runewords, like spirit, are meant for iron wolves IMO.

GG setups for iron wolves would be

Delerium, eth Vipermagi/fort/CoH/Dream/Dragon, Blackoak/Dragon/Dream, Azurewrath/Lw/HoJ/etc

5. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

i'm re-equiping my fa/strafe-zon. i plan use her as a gold finder (because i'm too lazy to build a whole new character for the task). Thus, i want to use my ice mb for the very nice gf per clvl. I should use an a2 might/pride merc to max my damage, but i like to chaos with my zon quite a bit and spending 50k in reviving him (after im death) sort of defeats my gf ambitions. So I just want a merc that will stay out of harms way.
    I have kb and holy freeze in my set-up, plus a strong valk and fa, so I don't think I need anymore crowd control from an a2 merc. Hence, I thought I'd try get a fanat aura going on to speed up my killing. My first thought was a1 merc with faith, but then I thought maybe an a3 with beast would be better since i can get even more aura's on him. I'm not really concerned about my merc's dmg, but its ability to increase my zon's dmg.
    so i'm looking at lw for might or faith for fanat. then i can add dragon dream, w/e and see how it all works. With a a3 i get an extra dream, thats the main difference.

6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

It will not help his elemental damage. However, it does help his physical damage if he chooses to actually swing his sword melee style, something that rarely happens.

7. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

If i get an iron wolf and see him attacking monsters with his sword, i'll be really pissed. he's got no business going anywhere near the 'action':wink3:

8. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Too bad his AI will probably tell him to do the exact opposite. :tongue: