Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

NSXdreamer's three zod drops- a point of information

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Disco-neck Ted, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Disco-neck Ted

Disco-neck Ted The Dark Library

NSXdreamer's three zod drops- a point of information

The details surrounding recent news about serdash's incredible good fortune sounded familiar. It seemed to me it had happened before in a very similar fashion. And it had, as seen here. NSXdreamer might have thought to comment since he was there.

It is also my understanding that NSX has a BoTD with a self-found zod. That would make three times he has been present for that particular drop.

Counting FB's zod, the one Durf had (from Borlag?), one for Strijdje (?) plus some I can't recall at the moment, there have probably been somewhere between 6 and 12 other zod drops in SPF in the entire history of the forum.

Clearly, if you have hopes of obtaining a zod, the best plan would be to MP with NSX, who has been on hand for 25% to 50% of the total zod drops of the entire rest of the forum.

2. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

OMGOloloolllo MP wit mi gib z0d NSX!!!111one?

IIRC Durf got his Zod from Vega.

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Borlag has 2 zods (1 traded from someone, 1 self found), although i dont know who traded the original zod to him (twas ages ago before rune trading was banned). So he leads the Zod ownership rankings.
    Vega found a zod, then when leaving he gave it to durf, who traded it recently for a truck load of uniques, and so is probably the most travelled zod.
    Corax has mine, and all the others are with there original owners that i know of.
    Zods, wonderful things, but useless as crap. would have prefered a ber to drop anyday. (especially since it would mean i'd be enigma'd. :) )

4. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Makes me want to start MPing... ;)

Yuppers, and Durf traded that one to Liquid Evil (trade NOT conducted in these forums).

5. Disco-neck Ted

Three zods in one year... I must not play enough. ;)

6. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

Mattis[thebastard] has two 1.07 eBotD Zerker axes on his uber whirlybarb. He traded most of a complete 1.09 grail to get them, shortly after 1.10 came out.

7. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Matt actually got one of those Zods for free from JohnKStone in his goodbye giveaway at the SPTN (if anyone remembers what that is). That Zod was originally found by someone called Hookman, I believe (though that name is not familiar, maybe he was from a different forum).

8. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Oookay, point is? :scratch:

I never saw the other two drop though, they were snatched before I even know what's going on. I'm slow in picking stuff in mp games. :(

9. Disco-neck Ted

The point? "A point of information".

These are just the facts I have observed. Since any zod drop is noteworthy, should three in one year be less so?

And if you have no comment, I certainly have none.

10. NSXdreamer

No, the real point is that I need to play less d2. :uhhuh:

11. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

That or play until everyone in the forum has one. And fix your blurry 'tar.

12. randy

randy IncGamers Member

I seem to remember an unpleasent witchhunt concerning the validity of at least one of Borlag's Zod's.

I'm guessing that never got properly resolved but was that one of the reasons rune trading got banned from here?

Hi guys, nice to see so many familiar faces still posting here.

13. NSXdreamer

Bloody, my tar is messed up again? Alright fixed.

Can't, max file size is 10kb on this site. :mad:

14. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Well, even a static picture would be nice :thumbsup:

Anyway, I think its amazing I actually know of people with zods. Just keep your eyes open next time NSX :lol:

15. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

You know, It does amaze me the number of Zod's that do get found.

But how many players are there out there, multi playing, single playing, hour after hours.
    Chances are, Zod's do have to drop for somebody.

But what concerns me, is how many Chams, Jah's, Ber's and Sur's get found.

Has anybody ever found any of these runes? I can't remember anybody doing a big song and dance about finding any of these runes. I know for sure that If I found any of the top 5 runes, I would be posting and telling every body about it.

But we just don't see those kind of threads do we? I really think that when ever people find these runes, they should post about it and let people know.

It just seems to me that the only high end runes ever found are Zod's. Nobody finds Ser's, Cham's, Ber's or Jah's, do they?

16. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

You should have a looksie over at JJ's item find thread.

17. Jake_b74

Jake_b74 IncGamers Member

HI everyone, it has been quite some time since i have posted anything at all, but i thought i'd give my insite.

I have found Jah and Ber. But on battle.net, not open. I found one very shortly after my nova sorc hit level 85. I beleave i traded it for 11 sojs, at the time i think that was a good deal. And i found a Ber also hitting level 85 with my duel lightsaber barb ( god duel LS kicks SO much ass, at least it did then). So i thought hrmm, maybe if i get more character to 84 and ding 85 ill get high rune drops. Well that was the end of my high rune drops. Oh and i found both of them in the cow level, hell. So they can be found, it just takes a real long time. Oh and both where found in 1.09d.

18. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

Your Kinda Missing the point.

The original poster was pointing out that nsx dreamer has been associated with 3 Zod drops.
    Why point that out? Is it to arouse suspicions?

Problem is, and Ill use the recent michael jackson case where michael was found not guilty. Why? Lack of evidence most likely. I can't summerize 3 months of court hearing in one paragraph. The point is that michael jackson is innocent untill proven guilty.

This game is all about chance. Chance to drop this and that. It is possible, though highly unlikely that you could find three Zod runes in one day. Somebody prove me that it is immpossible.
    As I said before, we do have a lot of players puting in many hours with this game. Collectively somebody has to find a Zod. Or should they? Who can say? Where is the rule that says that the whole entire SPF should find "x" amount of Zod runes per week/month/year? Where is the rule that says that any more than "x" amount of Zod runes is suspicious?

The point is, How do we know that NSXdreamers involvement with three Zod runes is very good luck, or grounds for suspicion?

Which ever you assume is correct is simply that. An assumption. People don't get convicted in court on assumptions. Why should we be any different?

19. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Woah woah, I don't believe this thread had anything to do with suspicion about NSX. I just thought it was sort of a joke thing like "play an MP game with NSX and increase your luck by 500 points."

20. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

You're the one missing the point. Obviously, the point of the thread, is to tell us, that playing with NSXdreamer in a MP game will increase the odds of a zod dropping to 1:500 on every monster kill. :p

Also there can't be any suspicion because the zods were found in an MP game. I was there and what I saw(Sorry I was bnet so alt key is perma pressed :eek: ) was wham oblivion knight dead whap zod rune omg click it.