Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Now I know why Chaos runners are the most senile people on earth...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diablo loves donutz, Dec 13, 2006.

1. trueastoroth

trueastoroth Diabloii.Net Member

ok I agree with all your points but the end of #1, the "good luck finding chaos runs" ? I don't know if the common rooms list is the same general type on every server but on east standard nl Chaos rooms are dime a dozen, along with baal and cows. so some1 can easily take the drops and when u say no more runs, they could just as easily go " oh noes dont stop running.....wait theres another hundred chaos rooms, why bother arguing with this guy?" not tryin to be a jerk or anything but thats what normally happens on east std nl.

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Warning for innapropriate language given.

Don't do it again.

3. rykuss

rykuss Banned

You and others like you are the very reason threads like this are created. If only you'd all run together, things for those of us that have manners would have a much more pleasant gaming experience. Oh wait, you can't. You'd be too busy telling one another to get bent and squabbling over who's level one character is going to walk to the Chaos Sanctuary. No doubt the word "noob" would be thrown about in all of it's many forms as you inform anyone that happens to die that they suck. :rolleyes: Seriously, does complete anonymity + internet accesss always have to = jerk?

So because it's a public game, that gives you the right? You also have the right to leave the game if things aren't to your liking. Yeah I know, not the popular choice.

4. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

No, no it doesn't. This sort of misinformation is what rises into the full blown rumors about meteors stealing exp. The only reason someone would have to be in the middle is to get the drops, unless they're a close-range char capable of killing.

5. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster Diabloii.Net Member

I'm very very sorry, I have no idea where that came from, I already knew it, yet I said the wrong stuff again, I'm feeling so very ashamed right now :undecided:

On the bright side, atleast I know I'm man enough to admit I was wrong :grin:

Extra: the killer does give his merc experience, not that this matters since 1.11 ... But it's a fact that remains :rolleyes:

6. BlackyMcBlack

BlackyMcBlack Diabloii.Net Member

Yea when I chaos with my Sin I just never kil diablo once the low levels cant than go to town hostile them, than proceed to kill all of them and diablo.

7. Creep

Creep Banned

I don't know, you tell me?

complete anonymity + internet means that you can create a public game then start trying to dictate to strangers what they can and can't do?

You can try, but it won't wash with me.

LoL @ Captain Obvious

And another one. That's a top idea, never would have thought of that.

But sarcasm aside, as someone else already stated, Chaos runs are dime a dozen, one would hope that the other players would have enough self respect to leave and find a run that hasn't been made by some kid on a power trip.

Diablo 2 is a game that is mean't to be fun (omg now its my turn to state the obvous).

8. pancakeman

pancakeman Diabloii.Net Member

So it is a game meant to be fun for the individual grabbing all the drops? You could at least be courteous and leave the drops to the runner, if something godly drops than you can just find a game where no runner wants the drops.

9. rykuss

rykuss Banned

No, the problem is that you can't see past the "drops" and perceive it as "being told what to do". It's very telling of your maturity level. :wink3:

10. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow Diabloii.Net Member

many runners are doing it for a friend, not them selves or even as a favour
    i mean atleast if somebody is helping you be kinda enough to play by thier rules...

u can always vote with ur feet...

11. AnthemIsElite

AnthemIsElite Diabloii.Net Member

I got two stories...

First up, is just like what you were just saying... A kid needed me to rush him though Act 4 in Hell, so I figure "Okay sure, I do this all the time, so it shouldn't be too hard..." So I told him that if he dies stay dead, I get drops, and don't activate seals unless I tell him to... And so once I get to the first seal, I give him TP because he needed to level up. He goes and activates the seal and the monters appear RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Luckily, I managed to get the boss with my bone spirit and my Fire Golem and Skellies took out the others. So i figured i owuldm't get angry at him... So I tell him he should probably head back to town, so he goes back, then at the very last seal i give him a tp and I was about to die so I told ihm to make a TP and to activate the seal so I could jump right in. Of course, he DOESNT make a tp OR activate the seal because he was too busy standing there identifying items as he told me. So once again i keep my cool and we move ont o Diablo. i told him he should help me kill, but I told him that if he dies, stay dead, and not to touch drops. So he dies once and of course doesnt stay dead. So I give him a tp, then I die while Diablo has about 5 life left. And of course, he melees him twice, Daiblo dies, and he took my gold and the drops... Later on I found out that he got Magefist and Duriel's Shell too.... Damnit...

So my second story was from a private Baal run. it was me, my friend, and a kid I said i would do hell Baal with. (He was only a level 60 fire sorc who SUCKED because he was rushed to hell.) So of course I told him the normal: if you ide stay dead and dont take drops. So we get to the Throne without any problems, and after we kill the minions, the unique minion dropped almost 10k because of my enormous ammount fo extra gold equipment. Of course this kid grabs it up. Then, right before we enter the Worldstone, we get the ------ SOJs Sold to Merchants message and Uber Diablo appears in the throne. Luckily, he was the only monster there, so my friend and I manage to sliver his health. I was going to get anni since my friend alreayd had one, so right when Daiblo dies, the kid grabs Annihilus and runs right into the Worldstone. Now I was pissed at him. I was about to slam my keyboard and break the enter key like an angry german boy, but i decided not to... So my friend and i go to Baal, sliver him, and my skeleton finishes him off. I grabbed the drops since the kid was dead, and my friend and I headed back to town. I got an Um rune, 18k gold, and a GCs. My friend was really doing terrible at the time, so I dropped the stuff on the ground for him to grab. Right when he was about to take them, the other kid comes out of NOWHERE (I'm being serious, I swear he had alreayd left the game) and grans everything then leaves.

*Bangs head off keyboard*

12. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz Diabloii.Net Member

Hi guys, been busy all day and finally got home and boy this thread loosk quite busy as well lol.

@anthem-funny stories man, lol, i feel for ya.

@true-well I'm talking of ladder, sorry I forgot to mention that, and it seems that there aren't exactly an abundance of chaos runs, and there are several with poor or unskilled runners.

@quietus-cool, thanks for that tip, I've always been confused with that and exp lol.

@rykuss-thank you for seeing my side of the arguement I truly appreciate it man.

@pancake-yes, ty for seeing my side as well.

@silent-yes, more often than none, I'm leveling a friend, and the rest should be grateful and respectful for the run. Glad you see my point of view lol.

@creep-rykuss made a good statement in that you obviously and explicitly represent your maturity level, it not being very high, and that once again, it's called common courtesy and while even though it appears to be a dying trait on bnet, it's good if you can have at least a little.

13. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

Usually, but then again most of these people are jerks to begin with.

14. Creep

Creep Banned

Don't see what any of this run-on sentence has to do with the price of tea in china. You call it Immaturity I call it self respect. I didn't buy this game to let some spoilt brat half my age try to tell me what I can and can't do.

Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If you want a game where everyone does exactly as you tell them and you get all the exp and drops to yourself, try SP @ players8 because that's pretty much the only way it will happen.

Bnet isn't South Park, no such thing as Authoritaah here :laugh:

15. diablo loves donutz

Man I guess you just can't understand clear interpretation and I don't think you will ever grasp this concept of common courtesy.

It's not a spoiled brat half your age dictating to you, although by the looks of it they'd have to be prettty young to be half "your" age, but often there are runners who are quite cordial and polite in their manner and most of the leechers are in agreement with the runner.

"Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
    Please don't give cliches that hold no real meaning toward the point, but only to act as though an inhibitor of your postings.

Btw, tea in china........?

It's just down to the point of a concept of manners in which you can only experience to therefore apply it, but by the looks of it, that experience may be too late for you.

16. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

We have that saying here, maybe it's a British thing.

17. pancakeman

pancakeman Diabloii.Net Member

Am I the only one thinking Phesto has returned to flame once more?

18. trueastoroth

trueastoroth Diabloii.Net Member

@donutz

Well I'm not sure how many rooms are up on ladder commonly, but like I said during the day on non ladder they are dime a dozen. But if they are in few, especially fewer good ones, in ladder then yes the people need to listen because it doesn't look like they have much of a choice.

19. Creep

Creep Banned

There is no such thing as clear interpretation, human beings can and will interpret things differently. My interpretation is that you are a kid trying to boss a bunch of other kids around, then crying because they won't listen. Others will have different interpretations.

Common courtesy is a two way street, demanding obedience from a bunch of strangers has nothing to do with courtesy. Where I come from it's called bullying.

You have no idea how old I am, and never will. Refer to my point about cliches.

Heres another cliche, when you Assume you make an *** out of U and Me.
    Translation please?

The bottom line is human beings have a thing called "free will" trying to enforce you own will over the will of another human is an exercise in futility. We all have a right to our opinions and a right to make our own choices.

The fact that so many people ignore your "rules" is all the proof I need of this.

Umm no, no idea who Phesto is.

Am I the only one thinking (insert name of famous forum troll here) has returned to troll once more?

20. diablo loves donutz

Just to let you know, I don't say to all those who join my games ,"ZOMG MY DROPS, NO HIT SEALS GET THE F OUT OF STAR OR I KILL ALL OF YOU AND LOCK ACCOUNTS!!!!!"

No, i usually ask politely and that is usually followed by polite responses as well and I've also made some chaos runs after telling some guys in dii channel, and I didn't care about drops because I was with people I knew.

So no, I don't bullying and if you still think it is, then it's just more proof that you'll never understand.

Who is Phesto and are you trying to imply that I'm trolling?

To be honest though I'm not a big fan of arguing back and forth and I think it would be best if we could just end this now and I'm sorry if I said anything that might have upset you.

P.s-can anyone give me some feedback on choas xp to baal xp? I'm just really starting to lean towards baal xp after seeing it be much more promising than chaos.