Xlv_Sith

Diabloii.Net Member
Nova Sorc...Opinions please

Thinkin about starting a Nova Sorc
Max Nova
Max TS
10 pts Warmth
10 pts Energy Shield
possibly max chilling armor(or whichever is the best)
and rest of the skill pts into synergies or what not

But anyways I think that would make a really good sorc especially for defense purposes I can just teleport right into a mob of monsters and nova them to death it will be great.

Also I am thinking about using this sorc as MF purposes but how much MF do I want before I start wanting to use skills instead of MF

Your Thoughts...

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member
nova eats a shitload mana as it is, but with energy shield it will be outrageous.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Nova does not enough damage since 1.10 so unless you equip like 10 Lightskiller or more you will not make it through Hell.
Can be fun in Normal and Nightmare i guess.
Sad that Nova got no synergies for 1.10.

thewoodshed

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
Nova does not enough damage since 1.10 so unless you equip like 10 Lightskiller or more you will not make it through Hell.
Can be fun in Normal and Nightmare i guess.
Sad that Nova got no synergies for 1.10.
Well, my nova/orb/TS soc does just fine in hell, at lvl 91. Sure, she isn't as overpowered as a meteor or blizz sorc but she an hold her own. She does eat a lot of mana, so you have to equip her as needed.

20 orb
20 TS
20 nova
20 light Mastery
1 static
1 teleport
1 shiver armor
Balance in cold mastery.

She it basically a vita sorc, with max resists and the like. She has 1400 life and 1200 mana.

'shed

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Sounds nice thewoodshed. I didn't think of that combination with Orb!
Makes me want to try that build!

IMCL85

Diabloii.Net Member
Well nova sor hehe. Aren't we going back to the old 1.09 cowing days again. Seriousely I had never seen a nova sor in ladder up till now. And I dont think I will see it either. Inorder for stupid nova to hit u have to go very close to some enemy and which mean you putting ur self on alot of risk. Even with a well dress up sor in hell still I think she probably can only do meph run. Beside the mana is a big problem here :)