Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nova/FB Sorc Help

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by xNamastex, Apr 20, 2008.

1. xNamastex

xNamastex IncGamers Member

Nova/FB Sorc Help

I can't seem to find much info. on this build. Experimenting with a Nova/FB build for ladder PVM lvl 85 area clearng:

20 Nova
    20 LM

20 FB
    20 Meteor
    20 Fire Mastery

FB on Left and Nova/Meteor switch on Right

Couple of Q's:

1. Hold Infinity Scythe on sorc or leave it on my merc?

2. Max life/no block (Eschuta/Phoenix) or max life/block (Eschuta/Ber'd SS)?

3. 200 FCR or 105 FCR?

Thx

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Nova/FB Sorc Help

I haven't tried this build, but:

- have a look at a skills calculator for your fire skill. I think it'll be more damage to invest some/several in the Firebolt synergy instead of Fire Mastery.

- 200 FCR is a lot of fun, and if you plan on playing a lot, then fun is very important. That said, 105 FCR will provide a lot more flexibility in your equipment.

- the +damage on Eschuta's stacks on top of your mastery. So your Lightning Mastery goes from ~400% to ~420%, and your Fire Mastery goes from ~250% to ~270%. When you add that up, it's really not much of a damage increase at all. So, most people prefer a HotO instead (and with a couple of mana-dependent skills like Nova and Fireball, I would definitely prefer the HotO for the resists and +15% mana).

Personally, I would choose to throw the Infinity on the merc and go with a 200 FCR build (no-block / Spirit shield) for the fun of it. Or, if you want to focus on some MF too, then 105 FCR and a Full-Tal's setup.