Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

not understanding all the ias and stuff

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by HaLoPhReAk, Jun 5, 2005.

1. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

not understanding all the ias and stuff

can some one help me understand breakpoints (i heard 7/3 for a kick'sin,,, something to do with breakpoint...?). please start with the basics, cuz i am pretty clueless as too what this is...thanx :confused:

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

The IAS sticky has tables for how much IAS is needed for the fastest attack. The 7/3 attack on Talon means a 7-frame initial atack and a 3-frame follow-up attack. The 7-frame initial is the hardest to get, so that is the table you want to look at.

The base speed of the weapon is very important, so you will need to find that first (it is on the Arreat Summit if you don't already know it). Come back with questions after working on it a bit. It is challenging at first, but the other way of doing things usually confuses people even more.

3. HaLoPhReAk

Thnx, i looked at the ias table (still confusing lol) but i was wondering if there is any way to increase my kick 'sin's kick speed. I currently have maxed BoS, and i use upp'd gores, is there any way to increase kick speed (do ias jewels, ammys etc. increase kick speed,?). does ur weapon speed help increase kick speed (dont think it does.)? basically can i increase my kick'sins kick speed, if so how (a bit demanding but, i need help....heh). Finally, thanx for helping me :)

4. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Hey, what's the word on the WW attack speed stuff? Is jrichard right or are the barb people right?

5. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

I'm guessing jRichard was using some faulty assumptions (both BeB and Rik suggested that) and didn't look into it carefully himself. Stay with weapon speed requries both weapons at a good speed.

I'd try confirming this myself, but switching to single player without decent editor capabilities has really cramped my testing style. :lol:

HaLoPhReAk, if you go to the page linked in the sticky, it explains everything (in a LOT of detail). The speed is based on your level of Burst of Speed, the base speed of your weapon, and all of your IAS (except from a secondary claw). The WSM is the base speed of your weapon, and it is one of the most important things. Don't max Burst of Speed - it will probably make no improvement on a level 5 BoS. Frankly, I'd leave it at one point.

It may be helpful if you list your equipment. If you were the one using Aldur's weapon - (I can't remember) - then ditch it and find something that will actually be worthwhile.

6. HaLoPhReAk

My Equipment is:
    Stone armor(2100 def)
    Upp'd gore riders (to myramid boots)
    guillemon's face
    Gloves are +1 to shadow skills (crappy, hoping to get drac's soon)
    Ammy is one with 10 to all atributes,15or so to resis's.
    1 BK ring, 1 Raven Frost.
    Weapon is Stregnth Runeword.

i spent an hour looking at his tables and reading his explanations and stuff, and from what i get from it (correct me if i'm wrong, which i probably am.) is that you get +IAS from the +IAS from anything, but your actual speed of weapon (like "very fast attack speed") has no effect on your kick. but to acheive the breakpoint of a 3 frame follow up kick, you need 25 EIAS, still dont understand that fully. sorry to be ignorant and testing your patience, but can u help me...thanx (a lot).

7. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

What is your Strength runeword in? The item does matter, but the "Fast" / "Very Fast" etc. has no significance. What matters is the base speed, which can be found in one of the columns on the Arreat Summit. (It takes a tiny bit of browsing to find your exact weapon.)

Once you find this number, then you can go back

BTW, if you can swap the Stone to a Duress, you'd be even better off. :thumbsup:

8. HaLoPhReAk

The weapon does affect your kick speed?

I made my Stregnth out of a crystal sword i found while cowin in normal, the speed is 0, so i will try and find a better weapon to make it out of (the runes are easy to get) I looked at durress and will try to make or trade for one, that would put me at 90 % chance of crushing blow, will it actually be 90% or more like 20 or 50 or something? (cuz there is those things a lot in diablo 2)

9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

<EDIT by Naliworld: Links deleted>
    I hope that settles the discussion.

10. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

RTB: Just a reminder, links to competitive sites are not allowed. However, you can quote pertinent posts/info from the sites, as long as no links are present.

11. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Figured they'd be deleted. The old discussion had no 'new' info anyway. Here's Myrdinn's post on 1.10 WW:
    A full explanation on the WW function can be found on the Phrozenkeep (this link is now allowed AFAIK, at least on the SPF) somewhere.

12. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

RTB, the only info having to do with whether each weapon needs to meet the breakpoints (including deleted links) was posted by yours truly, and was based on hear-say (which is only valid until an expert disagrees). No offense, but that wasn't the info I needed. Looks like Phrozen Keep may be the way to go. Thanks, though. :teeth:

13. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member