Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Not sure whether to feel ashamed or proud..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Isolde212, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

Not sure whether to feel ashamed or proud..

I got cut off at a bar for the first time in my life last night. I was out drinking with Anakha and a few of his army pals and just as I ordered my last pint of the night the server refused to serve me. I had had 5 beers over the course of 5 hours. I was feeling good but was perfectly coherent and able to walk a line. I have no idea where she got the idea that I had had enough. I understand it's her job but there were a few other choices in that bar that could've used a cup of coffee (my husband being one of them). Then she told me it was the bartenders call who happened to be a guy I knew who said that he had nothing to do with it and said he thought I was fine. Then when I called her on that she said my tab was high and that was enough of an indicator. We were buying rounds for other people including shots so our tab was high but how can they determine that I actually consumed all that booze. I got beligerent and left simply because I was put off.

On a side note I woke up in the night with the spins and a huge hangover this morning but I honestly felt fine last and everyone else agreed with me.

2. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

I've felt completely fine even though I know I've been hammered off my ***. Beer has a way of doing that. I still think it was a little uncalled for for them to cut you off like that with no visible sign of you being drunk. Why turn down the business anyway? Sheesh.

3. Stoutwood

Stoutwood IncGamers Member

Sounds like a pretty lame bar to me.

4. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

To be fair, judging when someone has had enough is a pretty tough job.

5. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I would pick the guy who's stumbling over himself over the girl who's sitting in a booth having a conversation though. I felt really put on the spot considering she singled me out of our whole group when I was the one who had drank the least.

6. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

That would be annoying.

7. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

She was just jealous because you are way hotter. :rolleyes: Jealous girls do stupid things. :Shrug:

8. Star Dust

Star Dust IncGamers Member

Random thought, but is it possible that she was "looking out for you" or something, say, because of this?...

9. Stompwampa

I suppose so, but aren't the people who are slurring their speech and tripping over themselves more likely to be put on the "you've had too much list" than someone who's still capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation quietly with his/her friends and family?

That's a good point. If she didn't realize you were married to one of them, perhaps she was trying to keep you from being "taken advantage of." Though, in a situation like that, I don't think it would have mattered if a few Army guys wanted to have their way with you.

10. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I hardly doubt this was the case considering they were dressed in civvies. I also think that it was quite clear that I was with my husband and we even informed her that we were cabbing it home. Besides I have no problem with a few army guys taking advantage of me. I don't beer for that.:scratch:

On the other hand she may have been jealous. That would make more sense and make me feel better.

11. Stompwampa

giggity giggity goo! :wink2:

12. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Well, there you go then.

13. Star Dust

Star Dust IncGamers Member

lol

10jealouschars

14. The Future now

The Future now Banned

I'm sure everybody who's ever been cut off has declared that he was fine and perfectly sober!

Not to say you weren't, but I'm sure she's heard the refrain before.

15. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

They can cut you off if they think what you've ordered will put you over. I couldn't sit down and order six pints without it obviously being for a group of people.

16. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

She clearly stated she had five BEERS, not five PINTS. Over the course of five hours.

That's a beer an hour - which is approximately what the human body is capable of clearing itself of. I'd be amazed if Isolde's alcohol levels were anywhere near the legal limit - if anything, she should have had almost no effect from them. Unless my bartending training was wrong about that, of course.

Either way, lame bar. I say give'em the boot.

17. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I didn't say she did, I was just saying if she was acting a little tipsy then they had to cut her off. I don't know how big Isolde is, but saying 1 beer an hour can be cleared by the human body depends on size. I'm sure me at 114lb can't filter alcohol like a 250lb guy.

18. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

True enough, it also depends on metabolism. But even in a worst case scenario, if for some reason your body cleaned 1/2 as much as a normal person - that's 2.5 drinks left in your system at the end of 5 hours. It takes 3-4 to hit the legal limit for driving.

19. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

The bar doesn't have to cut you off at the legal limit, they cut you off when they think you've had enough. Obviously it isn't a perfect system, but it is probably more effective.

20. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Well, as long as they're liable for legal action if they let you drink too much (which is stupid) you can kind of understand them being overcautious. Although Isolde was talking about differential treatment, which is different.