Not sure where to go with this one

Illyich

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure where to go with this one

I wanted to make something other than a cookie-cutter assassin, I'll probably still use it even if it's not all that viable -- just for fun, you know. I was hoping a few of you could help me out with some skill distribution dilemmas I was fretting over. At the bottom I have what I'm mostly considering, what say you?

20 Tiger Strike
1 Cobra Strike
1 Dragon Claw (50%ed for the 1st point, a measly +5% afterwards)
20 Venom
10 Weapon Block
10-20 Claw Mastery (help?)
10-20 Shadow Master (help?)
1-20 Cloak of Shadows (ditto?)
1-20 Blade Fury or Blade Shield -- I have no experience with Blade Shield - how effective is it as just an extra edge in melee combat, that is, if it's not pumped to level 18,000 with charms and crap?

EQ:
Natalya's Set (claw on off-hand)
Bartuc's claw
Ravenfrost
Bul-Katho's Ring
Arachnid Mesh or possibly Wilhelm's Pride (shut up, dual leech rocks and you know it)
Metalgrid, Mara's, Good Rare, you know the drill here.

What I'm considering strongly:
20 Tiger Strike
1 Cobra Strike
1 Dragon Claw
20 Venom
10 Weapon Block
10 Claw Mastery (help?)
10 Shadow Master (help?)
10 Cloak of Shadows (ditto?)
5 in both Blade Fury or Blade Shield

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
I suggest 1pt in CoS, BF and BC, and additional points in DC or CM (or both). 1pt is really enough for CoS, a longer duration is a bit of a bad thing since you can't recast it until the first is gone. BF is really a 1pt wonder, your damage is going to come from your weapon and venom. BS I think is sort've all or nothing. Though I have heard it can be used to interrupt enemy melee attacks, so 1-5 pts would be good for that if that's the case.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
pvm i assume. id max:
Tiger strike
dragon tail
shadow master
10 w/b
venom
1 in death sentry
rest into mb?

Illyich

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm kind of a newbie on the forums, so I have to ask: you say 1 point in CoS, BF, and BC. What does the BC stand for, or did you mean BS? Either way, thank you Lilel, I think I may go with:

20 Tiger Strike
20 Dragon Claw
20 Claw Mastery
20 Venom
10 Weapon Block
1 Blade Fury
1 Blade Shiled (I was hoping it would interrupt some melee attacks)
1 Cobra Strike

With all points/prerequisites in place, that comes to 101 points. Since you didn't say anything about the shadow peoples, I assume they're not really that great. Thanks for your help.

As to you, dkay, yes, this is Pvm, but I don't want to use Dragon Tail.

St_HotPants

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm...

I certainly would not neglect having a Shadow Warrior/Master. They can be invaluable tanks. My advice comes from a HC perspective where I personally value surviveability above uber damage capability.

That said given your desired skills I would likely look at:

20 Tiger Strike
10 Claw Mastery
10 Weapon Block
20 Venom
10+ Dragon Claw
10+ Shadow Master (with +skills you will want to hit slvl 18 ** )
1 Blade Fury
1 Blade Shield (I question the value of this.. but it's only 1 additional skill point after you have BF)
1 Death Sentry (no assassin is complete without it IMHO)
1 Mind Blast

That's approximately 95 skill points.. the remaining skill points I'd either dump into BoS (for attack speed) or Fade (for resists and damage reduction)

Just my 2 cents tho

Illyich

Diabloii.Net Member
Most appreciated. The lvl 18 Shadow Master is for the equipment she spawns with, correct? All rare or something of the sort?

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Level 17 gives her full gear (last piece is rare ammy). She uses skills at level/3, so at level 18 she gets another +1 skills. It's a trade-off I consider worth the point.