Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Not sure when to move on

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wraithan, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Wraithan

Wraithan IncGamers Member

Not sure when to move on

The defiance merc I choose (after getting done with the first three quest in normal act5) is now level 28, my freezadin is level 43 now. I was wondering should continue to do diablo runs (they get him a level or 2 a piece on P8) or should i just move on and let him catch up during progression. I plan on doing atleast 10-20 baal runs once i beat normal, to prepare for NM (I like to play it safe, even in SC).
    I am not changing the merc, so no imput on that please. I can survive without my merc easily right now, but i dont want him to stay too far behind.

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

do a quick batch of eldritch runs then go and check out all the cool side areas in act 5. then when you go again your merc shall be leveled

3. Wraithan

while waiting for a reply to this, i ran 2 more diablos (got a unique Pike and now he does a decent ammount of damage) and he can kill almost everything leading up to diablo with just my holy freeze. He is sky rocketing so i think i will let him hit level 33 before i move on, even 10 levels below me. Eldrich runs sound fun so i will do those next, thanks for the tip.

4. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Eldritch runs are very good for characters/mercenaries around level 30.

I don't think including Shenk is as profitable due to Eldritch alone being quicker.

When your mercenary achieves level 38 you should progress to Baal runs and/or Cow runs. It won't take long.

5. Wraithan

wow those eldrich runs rock! I just sit back and let my merc kill them all lol.

6. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Your merc won't level well on Baal runs from my experience. While Baal and his minions give your character good experience you merc gets rather poor returns comparatively from them. Hence, you'll find while Baal running your character probably starts to out pace your merc in terms of experience.

For leveling mercs the best bet is to kill normal type monsters. At level 33 Bloody Foothills runs are probably as good a place as any to level him.