Not sure what to do with my WW Barb......

rev129

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure what to do with my WW Barb......

I'm sorta stuck. I'm currently at lev 70 in NM. I've only been playing for about a month since taking a 1 year break so I could use some direction. I'll post me gear and current skills. Gear is not an issue, I can get just about anything I need. Here is my current setup.

Arrets Face
Cat's Eye
COH
EBOTD Sword (Also have a OATH BB)
Spirit Shield (Have a SS to use once I get to Lev Req)
IMM King Gloves and Boots (Have gore but not using)
Verd Belt (Have IMM King belt in stash as well)
Raven Frost & A nice Dual Leach Ring with Res
Many +20SC and 4WC Skillers
Ann Charm with Max Resistance
(Have Baba Charm once I reach level)

Skills:
Maxed WW and Bo
Getting +9 to 12 on All Skills
Lev 9 Berz for PI

Def: 78xxx (After lev 12 Shout)
AR: 68xx (WW)

Life: 3790
Mana:545

All Res Maxed in NM

Final Stats:

Merc:
Gaze
Bramble Rune Word
Insight (Will use Infinity once he gets 200 Stre)

Here are my questions:

-- Being this is HC, should I stick with SS and EBOTD in Hell lev or Dual weld 2 Swords? If 2 swords than what other Sword with EBOTD? Or Maybe even use EBOTD as 2 Handed.

-- If I so Sword/Storm combo what to socket in SS? ED Jewel or Rune for Dam Reduction?

-- Socket into Arret's? Rune or Jewel?

-- Amulent: Mara's +2 is nice but I don't think I'm gonna need the Res in Hell, I should be at least 50-75 in all. What should I be using here?

-- Gloves: Ok, This is really throwing me. Steelrends looks like the obvious choice but after reading the forums for 3 hrs last night I'm not so sure now. Strength req not an issue at this point. (Kicks self in azz for putting some points in strength early on). Maybe Imm King Gloves/Boots combo is the best for me?

-- Boots: See above question.

-- Where to start putting Skill points now? More in Berz? Boost up Shout?

-- Maybe Infinity and Bramble is not the right answer for my Merc, is there a better combination?

-- +20 Life SC VS BO Skillers. I did a test and I seem to get more life if I replace 1 WC Skiller with 3x20SC. Should I dump my 4 WC Skillers and go for 12 more SC's?

Well, thank you ahead of time for any suggestions you might have.

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
I would personally go with Sword/SS, for extra defence, if using SS and Verdungos then there is no reason to Ber the SS as the extra DR% won't actually help, I'd probably go for an ed jewel.

Arreats - probably a nice jewel

Amulet - I think the best melee amulet is Highlord's Wrath, too many nice mods to give up.

Gloves - My favourites are Laying of Hands, just for the massive damage to demons.

Boots - Probably Goreriders.

I would probably boost Shout, Berserk will be fine with one point. As for the merc, Infinity will be excellent, CB and will practically leave you needing no AR. As for the armor, I would go for a CoH.

They are my opinions anyway, haven't played a char with equipment like that for a while but I think my advice should be sound :cool:

rev129

Diabloii.Net Member
I would personally go with Sword/SS, for extra defence, if using SS and Verdungos then there is no reason to Ber the SS as the extra DR% won't actually help, I'd probably go for an ed jewel.

Gloves - My favourites are Laying of Hands, just for the massive damage to demons.

Boots - Probably Goreriders.
Thx for the reply. I just traded for LofH and have now equiped my Gores. I'm leaning toward the Sword//SS combo, I like the DamReduction most of all.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
- Anyone who's played an IK Barb can attest that a well-built Barb has no need for a shield, but since you seem to like it I'd either stick with the sword or get an eBotDZ instead (faster, higher damage, same range, lower reqs).

- Shield socket isn't too important... PDiamond, Ber rune, Eld rune, Um rune, %ed jewel, whatever.

- See answer for shield.

- Highlord's >>>>>>>>>>>> Mara's

- Steelrends are awful. Either use LoH, Bloodfist, or some nifty crafted Blood gloves.

- Gores.

- Shout, Weapon Mastery, then whatever tickles your fancy (Iron Skin, Howl, Zerk, Find Item, etc.).

- 'Infinity' and 'Bramble' are pretty much useless. Polearm should either be Reaper's (eth if possible) or 'Pride'. Armor should either be 'Fortitude' or 'Stone' or Gladiator's Bane, etc.

- You'd have to have something like 4k+ life before BO for WC skillers to beat out 20 life smalls.

- You didn't ask about armor, but 'Fort' >>>>>>>> 'CoH'.

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
I would suggest this setup:

Arreat's
eBotD
SS
Ravenfrost
Fortitude
Verdungo's
Gore Rider
Highlord's
The dual leech/res ring
For gloves, I would really start crafting up a storm and try to pull some really good bloods. I believe you can pull some high stat gloves, as well as high single res mods that would clear out the res scs so you can go for more 20s. My second choice to good bloods would be LoH, then bfist.. as PT has already covered.

For merc I would aim for:

Pride
eth Stone sacred
Tal's mask/Vamp gaze

With a high level shout and bo, he should be just fine.

If you wasted str you can always remake. :)

Lucky