Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

not reading my cd?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TrailerPark, May 30, 2005.

1. TrailerPark

TrailerPark IncGamers Member

not reading my cd?

hey guys ive been gone for a while due to school and such but i just got my computer back and decided to installed d2... well i got d2 installed then went to do LoD and it said please enter play disc so i put it in and it read it for like 2 mins then asked to enter it agian... while it was already in there, so i took it out and put it back in ive tryed figuring it out my own ways and i cant please help!!! thanks guys peace

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

How bad is the Play CD scratched (if at all)?

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Those copy protection things, besides being highly annoying, often don't work very well... and frankly, I still fail to understand why people accept this kind of garbage. You've paid good money for it, so there is no reason to accept this behavior.

I've been installing NoCD-cracks on ALL copy protected games (currently I have one game on my box, ReVolt, where the copy protection was removed with the last official patch --- since it has redbook audio I now run it from a daemontools drive) since... well, forever. All my CDs are in perfect condition because of that (I take them out of the box, install, put them back into the box and never touch it again...), and I can just doubleclick the game, already playing while others are still looking for their CD :)

SCNR...

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

But Myrakh, what's to then stop you from lending the game to someone else, along with the NoCD crack? The main motive game developers force you to put the CD in to play a game is to ensure that people buy their own copy of the game if they think it's good.

Companies need money in order to continue bringing out more games. I have no problem if people use the NoCD on their own machine, but there's no way to regulate it, and (from a game developers POV) you can't believe it won't end up with 20 people playing the same game all installed from a single purchase.

5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

if you have 2 disk drives, (cd and dvd or something like burner), try putting it in the other one. with many other games thats the only way it works for me.

6. TrailerPark

so should i try installing the full version of diablo 2 then try installing LoD so it dosnt ask me for my cd or will it ask for it anyways?

7. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

It will still ask for the play CD when you install LoD, even if you install the full version of Classic.

8. TrailerPark

ya that didnt work FOCK! any ideas guys i dont wanna be stuck with classic :(

9. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

....", not that classic's bad or anything", is what you meant to add on to the end of that sentence, right? :D

You might want to check out http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0273p, as it pretty much exactly what your getting. It's mostly about copying off some files from the CD.