Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

not just Gems disapearing

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by cOMMANDo, Feb 23, 2004.

1. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

not just Gems disapearing

i just resently learned of new dissapearing gems, that blizzard decided was a good idea. i had a bunch of p and flawless gems i was muling, go through a few chars and poof, they are gone.
    So i find out the hard way that if you leave gems on the ground too long, they disapear...
    then i'm muling with my nephew yesterday, [east ladder] hes just found this sweet 3 socket acron plate with 560 def, which is worth LOTs. its sitting on the ground while we are muling, he goes to pick it up, and as soon as his mouse hits it, POOF, it disapears, right before our eyes. NOOOOOOOO! lol.... all i see him type. so right after, i go to get my 4 socket flail so he can make his hoto, i go through All OF MY MULES. i can't find it... apparently it did the same magic trick as the armor

wtf was blizzard thinking?! is clearing junk items (what they consider junk) THAT great of an idea, I think NOT!

anyone else experience the poofing? if so, what else can disapear on the ground besides gems and socketed armors/weapons?

2. moi

moi IncGamers Member

not sure exactly what you're asking; everything on the ground is timered and disappears eventually.

3. cOMMANDo

everything?

i've been playing for around 3 yrs, i've muled a WHOLE lot during that time, and things disapearing has never happened(other than duped crap) as of just lately. I've left things on the ground, mainly uniques when muling, for excess of 15-20 min, and now things are disapearing in 5 min.

4. moi

moi IncGamers Member

this is a change in 1.10, and 1.10 hasn't been around for 3 years ;)

5. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

Also ive heard from many ppl including me, that items that i myself picked up and that i had for along time they suddenly dissapear, yeah believe it or not.

6. moi

moi IncGamers Member

dissapear from inventory? or disappear from the ground?

7. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

i just had some items that i muled dissappear. I set down 3 items, and got out of the game (other people were in it and still in the game) and came back (prob 10 seconds) and they were not there. Gone

8. satori

satori IncGamers Member

If there is more that one person in the game, then don't
    drop ANYTHING. Give it to the other person to hold while
    you fetch your mule. Bnet is unstable and if the server
    you are on goes down / loses connection / whatever, you
    will lose everything on the ground (and if you are unlucky,
    it will roll you back a few minutes and you can even lose stuff
    you've already picked up).

Dropping on the gound is only for people that do not have access
    to someone that can hold their stuff. It is just very bad to do
    unless you ABSOLUTELY have to.

satori

9. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

It was done to reduce lag if i remember, having regular junky (non-magical etc.) items disappear a bit faster to reduce graphic lag. The same with ears, which now disappear after awhile instead of staying forever. This being know, when muling "Regular" items, make sure to drop them last and pick them up first so they are on the ground for the least amount of time. Magical will stick around much longer, and Set/Rare/Unique even longer than that, but i think all items poof eventually given enough time.

10. th5418

th5418 Banned

The rule is, whatever is dropped on the ground, a timer goes off and after the given time, POOF. Capeche? Now dont whine since we told you.

11. nooby

nooby IncGamers Member

Hmm... Apparently, me and my friends lost quite a few uniques and socket items to this timer. Wat i feel is that socket item goes faster than anything else :scratch:

12. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

Items and Gold Disappear after time when left on the ground
    Don't leave items or Gold lying on the ground any longer than necessary. Regular items and Gold disappear in about 15 minutes. Magic, Rare, Set, and Unique items disappear after lying on the ground for about 1 hour.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/basics.shtml

You are either experiencing a bug, (like the telekinesis bug) or someone is lying.

And I don't see why mule games should exceed any more time then 15 minutes, It takes my muling by myself, in a private game, about 2-3 minutes to mule out my different finds to different characters, it's not very hard. On all my time on bnet I've never had my items disapear. Never.

13. cOMMANDo

well, i had NEVER had this happen till about a week ago...

and for me, its sometimes a few days before i'm on as the same time as a friend, so needless to say, my 2 mf sors, mf druid and zon are FULL... so thats why it takes longer to mule, i go in with a friend, dump all my crap out, then go find room on mules

14. Darkriders

Darkriders IncGamers Member

I have had this happen 2 times with the last a few days ago.. Both since 1.10
    I have d2 loaded on 2 comps on my homenetwork... I create a private game and password on one computer with a mule account then log into the game on my other comp with a different account and in the time it takes me to log one char out and another in(less than a minute) the ground items were gone.. the last being a titans.. First time it was a botd bow.. I expect issues every now and then and still very happy playing d2. Learning after time 2 for me is dont leave it laying on the ground :clap:

15. spockman

spockman IncGamers Member

i had a ber rune disappear just a couple days ago...i'm so pissed. it just disappeared from my stash. i never dropped it or anything. also my zod rune was deleted. wtf.

16. Rex

Rex Banned

Items disappearing from your stash are more likely the result of a server rollback.

17. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

it was actually probably duped
    and ruststorm decided to act right then and there
    I doubt you found the zod or the ber your self...

18. bronzdragon5545

bronzdragon5545 IncGamers Member

whats the telekinesis bug?(im not a newb just ill-informed)

19. Pyro@d2

[email protected] IncGamers Member

Its a bug where the sorc can pick up any objects making drop trades so risky it wasnt even worth it. Blizz fixed that so now i think only scrolls and gold can be tele'd. :drool:

20. pob411

pob411 IncGamers Member

I was looking for my boots and *POOF* there they were....gone :innocent: