Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

not happy with my blizz sorc/build opinions

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by FrustratedNecro9500, Mar 27, 2004.

1. FrustratedNecro9500

FrustratedNecro9500 IncGamers Member

not happy with my blizz sorc/build opinions

when i was about level 40 or so i asked if i should go pure blizz or do fire wall and fire mastery too. pretty much everyone told me go pure blizz, but now im level 81 and i die all the time in hell still when i mf. despite the 63%+ fcr i still end up accidentally teleporting into a pck of monsters and getting butchered sometimes. mainly i just mf the ancient tunnels and mausoleum, but get killed in the cold plains or lost city on the way there a lot. the monsters are usually not cold immune, but sometimes u get a unique that is, and i have a defiance merc, and he takes forever to kill things, assuming he doesnt get slaughtered (which he usually does).

might still use her, but figured maybe i could try a chain lightning/hydra build, maxing lightning, chain lightning, lightning mastery, hydra, and fire mastery. i would max lightning last. but just figured this might be a more overall successful build, since i havent had much luck with the blizz sorc.

2. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

my blizz sorc ROCKS. Should have gone with the Holy Freeze auro merc from NM act2. Maybe tell us the gear you are using and your merc, we'll be able to help you out better.

3. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

read my post on page 2 or 3:
    "wackens mephi sorc guide"

My blizz sorc in HCL is closer to immortal as i ever expected a sorc could be.

4. FrustratedNecro9500

yeah but the merc is a small issue. my equipment? well, it stinks. hence the point behind my feeble attempts at mfing. when i asked what happens when i run into cold immunes i got a reply of "just let ur merc take care of it", forgetting to realize that these bozos no doubt have merc equipment of enigma, a doom weapon, and god knows what else ridiculous crap. i bet even you guys that are stoked about how great ur bluzz sorc's are have like 4 cold facets, 9 annihilus charms, 14 zod runes and god knows what else.

LOL

5. wind

wind IncGamers Member

You might want to just put a little more time into her until the sorc's 89. I noticed an improvement in my sorc as she gained those higher levels, also the merc, even though my gear/charms didn't improve very much.

6. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

There is plenty of equipment to wear. As long as you have enoguh life leech and dmg he shoudl keep himself alive. If not, feed him pots with shift+1-4
    Here are some ideas in order of greatness.
    Helm: Vampires gaze, Crown of theives, Steelskull
    Armour: Shaftstop, Duriels shell, and high defense and resist armour.
    Weapon: any high dmg pole. If it doesn't have life leech then socket an Amn in it.

7. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

a blizz sorc or any other single tree sorc is a very specialized build, with a pre-determined "career."

my single tree lightning sorc does countess runs (although i cheated with 20 FO and 1 cm) and my single tree blizz sorc is for meph.

for general playing, you should use 2 trees.

8. FrustratedNecro9500

again, my equip suks. i feed him pots, but sometimes he takes so much damage at once he just croaks (e.g, multiple shot skeleton mage in ancient tunnels). plus poison hurts a lot. just cant seem to drink enough pots to start getting life going back up.

9. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i have a set every merc gets: clean shaftstop, clean blackhorn's face, amn/hel ferocious warpike (@500 max damage.) he can handle just about everything, and i've taken an a2 might merc to 70-** like 5 times so far.

at around level 80 or so, he gets max res. you might have to support him for a while.

also, why don't you just skip CI's?

10. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

If you're fighting mostly regular monsters, HF all the way unless you have really good gears. Defiance shines when you have good gear for extra defense and helps more against act bosses (since either you can't chill them by HF or that he's already chilled by blizzard.) It's difficult to chill all regular monsters with blizzard because they are all over the place.

11. wind

wind IncGamers Member

If you have this problem with you merc now, no matter what type of sorc build is used under similiar equipment conditions, it will still show up. Only thing that helps weak mercs would be to teleport out of there when he starts taking a bad bashing, give him a pot to heal up, then go back at it.

However at higher levels he will do better. Another reason you might want to put a little more time into that sorc. And who knows what you might find in the meantime.