Not for Uber PvM Smiter?

jtam

Diabloii.Net Member
Not for Uber PvM Smiter?

I was wondering if the Smiter is useful in PvM if I were to focus on playing the game through and not fighting ubers (like doing runs). Does it have the killing speed necessary to make an efficient PvM character and can it deal with crowd control?

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Not for Uber PvM Smiter?

Well, Smite has this really annoying knockback effect that will greatly slow you down versus normal monsters. HOWEVER. There is this 1-point smiter build (Builds like Zealot, but with gear for smiting as well). It is really effective in normal gameplay. You just need a decent weapon and preferrably Life Tap (for example, from Dracul's Grasp). Just beware of Iron Maiden and use the Decrepify/Aplify damage curses versus Physical Immunes (or elemental damage, like Gimmershed).

Metathrom

Diabloii.Net Member

I suggest a Zealot as well - excellent damage and crowd control, since it hits multiple targets. Be sure to get a Reaper's Toll Might merc/Lawbringer sword on switch and some life steal items or a source of Life tap and you should be fine. :)

Gimmershred, Azurewrath and Baranar's Star also work well to get rid of phys immunes.

Other than that, look out for Gloams (wear TGods if you're having trouble with them) and the undead knights who cast the Iron Maiden curse (there's not much you can do vs these guys).

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

I suggest a Zealot as well - excellent damage and crowd control, since it hits multiple targets. Be sure to get a Reaper's Toll Might merc/Lawbringer sword on switch and some life steal items or a source of Life tap and you should be fine. :)

Gimmershred, Azurewrath and Baranar's Star also work well to get rid of phys immunes.

Other than that, look out for Gloams (wear TGods if you're having trouble with them) and the undead knights who cast the Iron Maiden curse (there's not much you can do vs these guys).
Passion Berserker Axe (Berserker skill), throwing weapons, bows are all possible to use vs OK's.

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

Exile is the shield you want to use pvm, it freeze targets most of the time so they won't get knocked back. I agree that zeal is much better for pvm however.