Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Not exactly new...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by xinu, Mar 26, 2004.

1. xinu

xinu IncGamers Member

Not exactly new...

hey all, how's everyone doing? i had an account here a while back but i can't seem to remember the password -- either that or the account got purged. name was 'adramalech' iirc. ah well no biggy. been playing diablo2exp off and on (more off than on) for the better part of two years now. i'm a single player junky of course though i don't shy away from the occasional mp game.

now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business....

i just started playing again and i have a level 45~ hammerdin who just (about 20 mins ago) killed baal on normal difficulty for the first time in less than a minute. i must say, i'm very impressed by this build. i'm playing untwinked SC (because i decided to start from scratch to take full advantage of the new patch). i have quite a few questions so rather than making a bunch of new threads, i'll just stick 'em all here.

1) is the ancient's pledge bug still around? you know, the one where you can make the runeword in a sheild that has over the number of sockets for the runeword? is it ethical to take advantage of this bug? i have a nice sheild i would like to make the runeword in but i don't want to waste the sockets if it doesn't work. i'll use some other runes/pdiamonds/jewels instead. also, if it is considered unethical then i won't do it.

2) is the FE bug still around? i've been hearing about it and it makes me nervous. i'd just like a heads up before i start making HC chars.

3) what happened to the 'theiving' mod that spawned on some monsters? didn't Lord De Seis (sp?) used to have this attribute? j/w i used to think it was kind of cool. annoying, but cool. besides, i'd rather have that than MSLE which brings me to my next question....

4) are MSLE unique monsters the threat they used to be? i've run into a few LE monsters and haven't seem to be hurt much by them. if they aren't, what else should i look out for? i know extra strong, cursed, etc.

5) where is the best place to hunt for +skill grand charms? cows? what difficulty? (if the cow level)

i apologize if this next one is against the rules but it's, imho, fairly harmless.

6) is there a no cd crack? i like to play on my laptop occasionally and it's annoying having to carry the cd around. if there isn't, it's alright. it's more of a convenience thing anyway.

that's all i can think of for now. i appreciate everyone's help.

oh btw, it's my birthday today. i just turned 18!

2. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

Hello, welcome back (even tough i didn't know you)

all try to answer you questions.

1. No, i dont think its still around (not sure tho)
    2. Fe is around, but i think its only a treat in hell (doesn't seem to hurt me in norm or nm
    3.?????
    4. No, MSLE aren't as bad as the used to be, but their still pretty bad.
    5. Not sure......
    6. Don't know this one either.

My aren't i helpful :scratch:

3. Brass_Monkey

Brass_Monkey IncGamers Member

:wave: Welcome aboard the good ship SPF, Matey! Arr, stop by the EMB for a rum and rum, on me! And now I'll try to field ye'r questions!
    1) Can't say I heard about this bug, but I might be out of the loop. :scratch:
    2) Far as I know, it's only been fixed serverside, but there's been some talk about making a fix for it on here (though some people question the legitness of that).
    3) I think it got removed a while back, sometime around 1.07-ish?
    4) I still hate 'em. :lol:
    5) Not sure.
    6) If you copy the music.mpq file onto your comp, you can start the game with the cd and take it out afterwards, which is what I do. Not sure if there's a way to get around the cd altogether, though. Sorry.
    </Monkey>
    Edit: And happy birthday too! Make that a double rum and rum at the EMB. :D

4. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

1. I never knew this bug existed in the first place, but I'd wager that its been fixed.

2. Yep, the FE bug is in the final version of 1.10. You have to be careful around FE monsters, especially in hell. Try letting your merc finish them off, or finish them off with a ranged attack.

3. I believe the Thieving mod was removed in patch 1.03 classic.

4. Nope, no fear from MSLE monsters any more. However, you should still keep lightning resistance at max or near max in hell because of gloams' lightning attacks (flayer jungle, and in the Worl Stone Keep levels).

5. The best place would probably be level 85 areas, because even if the skill charms don't drop, you can cube them from that area with a good chance to get + skills on the charms.

6. No idea. Search google?

5. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Welcome back to the Single Player Forum. Glad you came back.

Happy Birthday also! :clap:

Takis (El_Greco)

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Only one question left to answer. #6. Yes there is a "no cd crack" (just like there is for just about every game), and I have no ethical problem using it. I hope everyone else feels the same way. It doesn't mod the game, it doesn't mod anything. It just lets you play without the cd. It may actually help in MP games because the game doesn't have to access the cd and this may cause lag for either yourself or others in your game.

Check www.gamecopyworld.com

You have to copy d2xmusic and d2xvideo fromm the LOD cd to the LOD folder (usually at c:\programfiles\diablo2), then rename the game.exe to game2.exe and then place the downloaded game.exe into your LOD folder. Create a shortcut and then drag it to your desktop and then put your cd's away ffor safekeeping.

Remember, you must own the original game cd to be able to use this crack.

Hope this doesn't get me banned!

7. xinu

xinu IncGamers Member

thanks everyone i appreciate the welcome and the help. especially Dacar, i'll have to look into that. and my copy of diablo2exp is 100% legit. i could be wrong about the runeword bug... it might have been something else i was thinking of.

errm scratch that. i spent some time searching around dii.net and came across this
    so chances are it's been fixed. ah well, i've got a 4 socket paladin sheild (forgot the name) with nice mods (it's white) that i was going to use it in.

.....and if you don't remember or know about the 'theiving' mod that spawned on some unique bosses, basically the boss had the ability to steal potions, scrolls, etc that were in your belt. i don't remember if they could take anything out of your inventory though i doubt it. this was probably pre-expansion era.

8. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

You're not crazy; I remember the theiving mod. It never bothered me much, though, because I only played a Necromancer back in the day, and he didn't like to get close to his enemies.

Welcome back to the game and to the forum.

9. Sicarius_J

Sicarius_J IncGamers Member

Welcome Back,
    I believe I have an answer for question 5. The best place to either find +skills grand charms (or find grand charms that can be rerolled to become grand charms) is the jungle of act 3 NM. Right around the flayer jungle the item level is around 50, just enough to spawn +skills but too low to spawn other mods which would, by their addition, decrease the chance of a (re)rolled charm gaining +skills. Also, this item level is good for small charms to get the "shimmering" mod (i.e. +4-5 resistance to all elements). I believe my information is correct, can anyone verify it?
    Sic.

10. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

welcome back to the forums, and happy Birthday :clap: