Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

not dead but not alive either

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Zeek, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

not dead but not alive either

So, I was on a baal run the other day in nm. We didn't have anyone with enigma around or any sorc. So, we were walking it together. We were taking down a pack of oblivion knights and whammo I die. Not too unexpectedly mind you. I'm not really wearing great gear on this character yet. Just sigon's set with aldur's weapon and junk like that. Anyway I hit 'esc' and the save and exit dialogue comes up. My brain farts all over the place while I try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Then I hit escape again and realize I'm still alive with 1 health, but my body is lying there too. Apparently everyone else is in the same state as "WTF"'s start flying like crazy. We can't pick up our bodies and the monsters aren't paying any attention to us to finish us off. I couldn't even enter stairs or do anything.

Was this some sort of hack that somebody hit us all with? It didn't pop our corpses or anything. So, no one could steal our items. What would a hack like that even be good for other than making us all exit and rejoin to get our bodies back. Which a few of us did and we finished the run without further incident. I'm just really curious what happened.

2. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

Seems to be a bug - its happened to me a couple of times usually in cs or wsk.

3. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

It does this to me all the time, if I get what you're saying.

After you die, your character just pops up (naked) standing around your body. If it's really bad, you can walk around for a while. It's a really old bug, I think.

4. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

It happens with the curse iron maiden.

5. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

OK good. At least I'm not crazy. I guess since I've been playing a necro summoner for most of this ladder I haven't really been killed by iron maiden. Still the barrage of "WTF" over and over by everyone was pretty crazy. Made me think something really weird happened.

6. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

welcome to purgatory

7. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

IIRC, this "bug" can occur when the Life Tap curse is present. You managed to leech via Life Tap right at the moment of death, so you techinically died, but not really, but you did. :tongue:

8. erejamnilstiar

erejamnilstiar IncGamers Member

I call it ghosting....its annoying as hell and been around since beginning of 1.09

9. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Ive had it happen playing solo and mp but never had anyone else in the same game experience it at the same time like you.Interesting thing was I could run around and watch everyone else continue killing in wsk but was oblivious to death..oblivious to exp and picking up items also...Like in spectator mode:laugh:

I had similar thing happen to my merc also ..he died,a body was lying in wsk2 and yet he was still standing surrounded by monsters totally oblivious to him ...while I kept killing:shocked:..wierd...ghost merc..