Not a good look, Blizzard...

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I'm not expecting that a commercial enterprise takes a particular political or even ethical stance openly, but that doesn't mean that they have to enforce that among their customers as well. Miserable wretches.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
He has let every other dictator he has dealt with give him a good ole belly rub. It's China's turn.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's a couple of follow-up articles:
California gaming company bans player for supporting Hong Kong protesters (Boycott Blizzard?)

I still can't access Twitter, but here's a nice comment you can read from the article:

"Not everyone at Blizzard agrees with what happened.

Both the "Think Globally" and "Every Voice Matters" values have been covered up by incensed employees this morning."

Secondly, I've corresponded with Mark Kern (one of the producers of 'Crowbar Swing') on Twitter before, and he's an excellent "follow"...

So obviously, he'll be banned as soon as Jack Dorsey can figure out some half-assed excuse to do so.

As Blizzard boycott spreads, World of Warcraft game designer says ‘Communist money is dictating American values’

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member
He has let every other dictator he has dealt with give him a good ole belly rub. It's China's turn.
Odd flex but OK.

Here's a couple of follow-up articles:
California gaming company bans player for supporting Hong Kong protesters (Boycott Blizzard?)

I still can't access Twitter, but here's a nice comment you can read from the article:

"Not everyone at Blizzard agrees with what happened.

Both the "Think Globally" and "Every Voice Matters" values have been covered up by incensed employees this morning."

Secondly, I've corresponded with Mark Kern (one of the producers of 'Crowbar Swing') on Twitter before, and he's an excellent "follow"...

So obviously, he'll be banned as soon as Jack Dorsey can figure out some half-assed excuse to do so.

As Blizzard boycott spreads, World of Warcraft game designer says ‘Communist money is dictating American values’
There's a report in Twitter that Blizzard has disabled users' ability to delete their Blizzard accounts. Anyone verify?

Haywire

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm. Poorly handled, flawed response. When you step on the rake it always hits you in the face. Bravo to the staff for their demonstration. I went to the dark side (Management) for years and GL. On behalf of gamers in Miami, I have your back.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Now speaking with forked tongue, having been outed & caught:

Blizzard said:
The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.
Yeah, I'm going to call BULLSHYTE! on that claim. They're supposedly going to give Blitzchung his prize money after all, but I'd bet my bottom dollar it comes with the precondition of a Maoist groveling apology. F'ing slime.

Blizzard Entertainment reduces punishment for Hong Kong gamer, but more protests are coming