Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Not a brag thread, but I just felt like sharing...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sunflowersmooth, Sep 9, 2006.

1. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

Not a brag thread, but I just felt like sharing...

On my way to countess (which by accident I was searching the dark woods), I evenually switched over and killed a big horde of monsters in the marsh and one dropped a tal amulet. It was facinating.

So based on experience, I am never going to run baal diablo or the pits again. Just act one, over and over and over again. Yep, sounds like a worthy plan...:azn:

2. ael

ael IncGamers Member

Congratz on your find. :smiley:

Altho I would suggest running pits instead of black marsh or something. You never know when you will bump into a triple dura sacred armor. :wink3:

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Haha... I don't wory abut hitting major mf spots, it's more fun to go to random places and kill everything I find.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Face it, it IS a brag thread!
    :azn:

Congrats anyway. I never mf myself, stuff drop whenever you least expect it. Mf is overrated. Keep on doing the unexpected! ;)

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Most of my MF runs are in Act 1 (the Pits are gold). Sometimes I wander into the other acts when the Pits gets boring.

6. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

hahahaha evrae and quietus you guys have the best avatars. So visually stimulating...

btw, what is a triple dura sacred armor? And also, something that I never knew but never bothered to ask, what does iso mean?

ty lata!

7. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

ISO=in search of

8. ael

ael IncGamers Member

A sacred armor is a normal elite armor, check the arreat summit for more.

Not every item can be dropped from every monster and from everywhere in the game. For example in this case you cant find a Tyraels Might(rarest unique in the game) in normal black marsh because the area lvl of black marsh and the monster lvls arent high enough. So if the game decides to drop you a tyraels might but doesnt meet the requirements it drops you a triple durability rare item of the same type.

Check here for more info.

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Normal elite? errr...

just for the record, sacred armors don't drop in areas with alvl<81 so black marsh triple dura sacreds are not possible.

10. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Run hell CS (chaos sanctuary) if you can, there are a lot more monsters than in other areas.
    Also diablo is a nice little end-reward, as he can drop pretty much anything.
    It also takes a lot less time to run dia than running baal, or killing everything in pits.

11. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

When you think about it, some very valuable items in the game like JMOD, Jeweller's tiara of the speed, Jeweller's elite armor of the whale do not belongs to the highest TC. So even not killing in lvl85 areas you may get them.

I found a Jeweller's wyamhide of the whale in the caynon of magi with 0 MF. Who ever MF there?

12. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

You got lucky..congrats on the tals ammy btw...anywhere in hell you can find talys ammy.
    The thing about really lucky finds is that most of the time you never expect them.Other areas can yield better finds than the one you were running.

I wouldnt give up on baal and pit runs just keep that 0% expectance of mf and youll do fine.:smiley:

13. DrSoup

DrSoup IncGamers Member

I actually had a sort of similar experience. I was using my summoner to do some Act 1 MF runs (Countess, The Pit, The Hole). I started a game, WP to Black Marsh, and run into 2 packs of boss monsters that were killing my minions about as fast as I could raise them. So I WP to Cold Plains to build up my army a bit before going back. First unique boss in Cold Plains drops an Occulus. Definitely the most unexpected bit of luck I have ever had in D2.

14. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Also, the 3 seal bosses count as superuniques in a lvl 85 area (can drop anything, 2 items and 4 potions per boss) as opposed to baals 5 boss waves, where each boss drops as a champion (can still drop anything, but only 2 potions and they can also drop gold, which happens more often than items).

Good CS runners are amazons, hammerdins and bone necros, though other classes can be very effective with the right (expensive) gear setup. Melee chars and mercs have trouble with Iron Maiden, but that happens on some ballruns too.

15. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

light sorcs are also very powerful cs runners if u can revive ur merc every 30secs if he carries the infinity. otherwise sorc carrying infinities themselves are amusing to watch.

16. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Not as much as your avatar is :laugh: