Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Normal Mephisto item dropping weirdness

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Harrid, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Harrid

Harrid IncGamers Member

Normal Mephisto item dropping weirdness

I was thinking of posting this in the ATMA thread since it seemed like a problem with the drop calculator at first, but then I noticed the same results elsewhere, and thus a new thread was born. Basically, I am 100% certain that my first Nightsmoke came from a 1st kill on normal Mephisto in 1.11 (It was my first unique ever on my first D2 character ever. I remember wondering why the yellow text looked offcolor until I ID'd it and recognized the name from some build guides <_<). ATMA says that is impossible. Another, generally very reliable website with qlvl information says it is impossible as well (although said site also does have some errors, like saying Pindleskin can drop Azurewrath). And yet...

Kas' Nightsmoke <--- Only item I've ever personalized, I believe >_>
    Belt
    Defense: 22
    Durability: 16 of 16
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Level: 20
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 28 <---- this is what puzzles me, because I thought normal Meph was mlvl 26, yet I KNOW he dropped this >_>
    Fingerprint: 0xb03f1482
    +20 to Mana
    +32% Enhanced Defense
    +15 Defense
    Damage Reduced by 2
    All Resistances +10
    50% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Aside from the sheer novelty of it, I am interested in this because I want to know if I can run Meph for a Spectral Shard for my untwinked windy druid (planning on running for either Sander's or Sigon's set boots anyway), or if I will have to settle for something like Sander's Superstition until I get to Chaos Sanc.

2. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Just checked ATMA, the uniques in Durance 3 normal are mlvl 28, and can drop Nightsmoke, that is where you will have got it from.

3. Harrid

Harrid IncGamers Member

I'm certain I got it from Meph, though, because my character sucked enough to have to retreat to town after each one of the council members <_<. The only other way would be if a unique Blood Lord can spawn in the group behind Mephisto, but even if that can happen (which I doubt), I can hardly believe it would happen in normal difficulty.

4. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Unique Blood Lords frequently spawn behind Meph around the chest, if you think it was Meph who dropped it it may have just been his drop and the unique's drop mixed together.

5. Harrid

Harrid IncGamers Member

Heh, well what do you know. I never noticed uniques spawning there before. Okay, that must be what my confusion was about. Thanks.