/nopickup

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
/nopickup

well how many here uses it or even know that it exist???

i use it all the time as its great for ranged chars.

the reason i ask is because i talked with quite alot of people who had no clue it existed at all.

funny they missed out one of the best commands other then /players x and even doubted that it existed :lol:

note the commad explain itself so those that havent used it yet should know what it does from the name of it

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
I use it occasionally though most of the time I simply forget to type it in :lol: Then again normally I identify rares and such in the middle of runs after the fight to check if they're any good, if not, I throw them away so having to throw away some junk at the same time doesn't really bother me one bit.

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
I never heard before....
I have 1 question
If we use it, can we cancel it?
Or we can only use alt + click to pick up item?

lone_wolf

buffa said:
I never heard before....
I have 1 question
If we use it, can we cancel it?
Or we can only use alt + click to pick up item?
it only works so that you cant pick up or see the names ans such of items without pressing down alt

with alt down you can pick up stuff as normal.

to cancel it i bet you write it again

one command i never use when playing is /framerate

its a more advanced command then /fps and it also covers a great deal of you screen when in use with is dumb

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm addicted to alt-pickup anyway, this sounds like a great command!

Has anyone compiled a list of known commands?

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank for your explaination!

It is exactly same as I heard last time.
But too bad that I forget it.... last time... :(
Gonna use it now!

lone_wolf

GooberGrape said:
I'm addicted to alt-pickup anyway, this sounds like a great command!

Has anyone compiled a list of known commands?
should be one in the stats forum

@buffa no problem its a nice command and have saved me from dying a lot of times where i without the command would have moved to pick up that mana pot next to the might frenzytur boss pack

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
lone_wolf said:
@buffa no problem its a nice command and have saved me from dying a lot of times where i without the command would have moved to pick up that mana pot next to the might frenzytur boss pack
That is the problem I always encounter.
My hammerdin is very greedy that everytime he like to pick those item up while facing his ememy... :D

Bahamut

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks... I never knew it existed...

I get irritated sometimes because of course we are all clicking freaks in this game... and I click everywhere on the screen... sometimes my barb picking up (usually arrows and bolts) really tick me off :D

MorbidDoom

Diabloii.Net Member
I use it all the time, I just hate picking up items when I'm trying to move around the screen. This is exemplified by Baal's minions, as I usually center myself in the middle of the spawning area, but it's hard to do that with all the item names popping up when I mouse over them.

randy

Diabloii.Net Member
i don't like to use it for the simple reason that often i find i've picked something up that's actually pretty cool without intending to. a couple of NDE's i reckon are worth these occasional treats.

Takis

Diabloii.Net Member
Call me a Dumb*ss, but I still don't get the advantage of that command. I know it has one because lone_wolf is a pretty good player and if he likes using it, then it must be a reason.

I just don't understand it I guess why you would want to press alt before picking things up.

I'm so confused! Maybe if I drink another beer? :drink:

Takis (El_Greco)

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
when in the middle of a battle, you don't want to pick all kinds of junk only to find that you have no room to get the better stuff. So basically with the help of alt-button you get to see what you pick before picking it up. So no accidental crap picks.

Besides, atleast personally I press alt everytime a battle ends to see if there's anything worth picking up or not...

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
I use it all the time especially since when you have to kick open those urns and you just can't seem to click on them because of the junk on the ground.....well no more :thumbsup:

Death_Dealer

Diabloii.Net Member
I use it all the time. I hate it when I am trying to do a snatch and run just to find out my stash is full of junk.

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't use it. Used it in the beta though. My inventory is usually filled with charms or potions and what not, doesn't matter much if I click on a 'unwanted' items.

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes but when you click on those sharp swords and they go flying through the air you don't know whose eye you're going to poke out :teeth: . Running with scissors bah how about flinging two meter long swords in everyones face.