Nooooooooooooooooooo

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
Nooooooooooooooooooo

No no no no no no nol

AAAGGGGHHHHH. This is tremendously sad. I loved this man's material; he was such a genuinely happy and, dare I say it, inspiritional individual. Bad things happen to good people, etc.

:( :( :( .

Puck Nutty

Diabloii.Net Member
Mitch Hedberg was a very funny man. I have only seen him at the Montreal Comedy Festival, but I must say, he made me laugh out loud.

It's sad. I hope he didn't go down the road that John Belushi did. Self-destruction sucks.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm always a little skeptical when comedian's deaths are announced with the timing that they hit the papers on April 1.

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
I'm always a little skeptical when comedian's deaths are announced with the timing that they hit the papers on April 1.

Still the 31st over here. Yesterday / the day before yesterday they were talking about him on the howard stern show and that nobody knew where he was.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I know, I'm in the US. But when it gets announced in the papers, it'll be on April 1. Besides, his publicist said he was dead, and he just never showed up.

5Ws

Banned
GODDAMMIT...He's one of my favorites...
Btw, I doubt if it's an April fools thing, since on the Comedy Central Website, it said Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005.
Then again, it's "Comedy" Central we are talking about...

garublador

Diabloii.Net Member
Mitch was known to be very adament about keeping to his own style and not selling out. Playing an April Fool's Day joke like this is not a very "Mitch-like" joke so I doubt it's fake.

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
I just watched his Comedy Central special. At the end of the show, he says "I love you guys. Thanks for coming to my special." After the credits, they rolled a little screen; showed him smiling, saying the tail end of the escalator joke and repeating that last line. On the bottom of the screen, Mitch Hedberg, 1968-2005. "We loved you too."

...And everybody dies in the end.

garublador

Diabloii.Net Member
Lostprophet said:
I just watched his Comedy Central special. At the end of the show, he says "I love you guys. Thanks for coming to my special." After the credits, they rolled a little screen; showed him smiling, saying the tail end of the escalator joke and repeating that last line. On the bottom of the screen, Mitch Hedberg, 1968-2005. "We loved you too."

...And everybody dies in the end.
If you haven't seen the DVD that comes along with "Mitch All-Together" that shows his "Comedy Central Presents" unedited you should check it out. It's quite a bit different and very bizarre. It's nearly twice as long and there are a lot of funny jokes that he delivers that the audience just doesn't laugh at.