Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

noobish question's

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Kugel, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Kugel

Kugel IncGamers Member

noobish question's

although i have couple over-70 chars single player, i never played online or builded my char according to any "real" build. Thas why they all suck except few last ones.

Ok here are the questions:
    1. Where on earth do you get 110 max skill points in game?? pls tell me where exactely and what quests, bc leveling only gives you 98 skill points...
    2. What are the "pits" where are they?
    3.For my zon what level should my valk skill be so its enough without frequent recasting?
    4.Is WW barb worth building in 1.10 even if I have 1.10 IK set?
    5.What are best locations for finding jewels?
    6. I can't find Mavina's diadem who can actually drop it?
    7. Where can I find "location levels" so i know what level Unique bosses are(should be "locatiol level" +3)?
    8.Where can I find what's the maximum # of sockets on the item?
    9.Can I get max # of sockets using SOJ formula or Larzuk's quest?
    10. Where can i find those items that I can add sockets to? (like non-magic)
    or can magis items get max # of sockets using any of the above mentioned?

thas about it

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

2. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I can answer a few of these.

1. Where on earth do you get 110 max skill points in game?? pls tell me where exactely and what quests, bc leveling only gives you 98 skill points...

You get 1 point from Akara (first quest in Act 1), 1 point from Radament's Book of Skill (Act 2), and 2 points from Tyrael when you kill Izual (Act 4). Those 4 points x 3 difficulty levels = your extra 12.

2. What are the "pits" where are they?

The Pit is the cave area in the Tamoe Highlands (Act 1). It has monsters with very high treasure classes, and you can kill them relatively easily, so it's a popular MF spot in Hell difficulty.

3.For my zon what level should my valk skill be so its enough without frequent recasting?

The Zon forum can give you better advice. Some people just put 1 point in there and recast as needed; others bump it up so it will last longer. I don't play many zons so I'm not sure.

4.Is WW barb worth building in 1.10 even if I have 1.10 IK set?

Do you mean even if you *don't* have the set? WW barbs are lots of fun with big hurty polearms, too. If you find it enjoyable it's worth building.

5.What are best locations for finding jewels?

All over the place . . . but getting them in Hell difficulty gives them better chances of being quality gear.

6. I can't find Mavina's diadem who can actually drop it?

Not sure about this . . . if you search for "treasure classes" or "drop tables" you can find info on this.

7. Where can I find "location levels" so i know what level Unique bosses are(should be "locatiol level" +3)?

Not sure, sorry.

8.Where can I find what's the maximum # of sockets on the item?

Should be listed on the item info pages either here on dii.net or on the Arreat Summit.

9.Can I get max # of sockets using SOJ formula or Larzuk's quest?

You're more likely to if the item is a high-level one that dropped later in the game.

10. Where can i find those items that I can add sockets to? (like non-magic)
    or can magic items get max # of sockets using any of the above mentioned?

Larzuk gives 1 or 2 sockets on magic (blue) items. It's a 50-50 chance as to which one you get.

Hope this helps!

3. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

Whoops too slow, oh well!
    I'll take a shot at the one's i have any knowledge about:

1. 3x den of evil (1 point each), 3x radament (1 point each), 3x Izual (2 Points each) = 12 points + 98 = 110
    2. Pit is in the Tamoe Highlands and in Hell, it has the highest possible area level so it can generate some nice drops. Search the forums for the pit guide (or wait for someone to post the link which happens everytime this question is posed)
    3. Of course, maxing her will make her the most hearty but you could probably get away with less if you need the points in your main skills.
    4. WW is fine for IK barbs although I like concentration more.
    5. Jewels drop throughout the game. There really are no places that are better or worse as far as I know. I'd just hunt in the highest area you can survive in and still kill effectively.
    6. It's in the highest item level class which means that you should run Pindleskin, Eldritch, Shenk, and Baal to try to find it. (or do a lot of the above mentioned Pit runs.) You can also get it for 1 Shako which is a lot easier to find if you're willing to trade it.
    7. I'm not sure about this one. I use another website, but i'm not sure if it's against the rules to post it so I'll err on the side of caution.

4. Kugel

Kugel IncGamers Member

thank you guys so much,
    i just want to clarify something

2. you said pits have highest possible area level. Is this true in ALL game including all other 4 acts? yeah and area level is what i meant by location level in question #7.

3. 1 point is not enough with 1 point she gets slaughtered by NM Duriel in 1-2 hits

4.I have full IK set. My question was the WW barb gona be cookie-cutter?

otherwise thanx very much, helped a lot.
    i didn't know tyrael quest gives you 2 skillpoints :)

5. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

2) the pits in hell are area level 85, which is two short the best you're going to get, plus you get multiple unique boss packs and a sparkly chest, all of which add up to the best place to find the best gear without being too challenging to run

3)sorry I can't help with a zon

4)with your IK set, you can have a rockin' WW barb...in 1.10 its hard to have a viable barb without a 'cookie cutter' build...but I don't think that detracts from the quality of your character at all

edit: late, tired, must sleep now