Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob shapeshifter question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Pinkpizzahat, May 9, 2008.

1. Pinkpizzahat

Pinkpizzahat IncGamers Member

Noob shapeshifter question

Hello, I'm both new to diablo 2 and new to being a druid and I have a few questions. First of all I'm not sure if I want to go wolf or bear yet. Anyways I have a quick question, should I be using a sword and shield or should I use a 2h weapon? Also I'm wondering how much points i should put in dex and str? I know I put none into energy and a bunch into vitality but still having trouble on dex and str. Thanks for any help

2. Pinkpizzahat

Pinkpizzahat IncGamers Member

Re: Noob shapeshifter question

i have a couple more questions on deciding what path to take. If I go bear I'm wondering if I should go maul or hunger? What might be the pro's and con's of each? Which should i do. Also if I go wolf it seems pretty clear that I should go fury. Should I invest at all in feral rage or hunger to regain any heal/mana or should I use the skills at all? Thanks

PS; last but not least I'm wondering which skills I should max first while leveling, since I will be playing solo most of the time. Should i do werewolf first or lycan or what? Sorry for the constant noob questions but thanks for any advise

3. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums!

Try doing a search for "PvM". Or a search for the seperate builds. You'll find a ton of information on each build.

For stats, it depends on gear. The basic setup is:

Str: Enough for gear
    Dex: Enough for weap OR max block
    Vit: Everything else
    Energy: None

Bear's overall are safer for PvM, though it pains me to admit it.

4. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Go here and look for:

- PvM (Ribcracker) Fury wolf
    - Town Dump Werebear
    - PvM Hardcore Fireclaws Werebear

Those 2 are probably the easiest shapeshifters in PvM to start with.

5. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of Wolves!

I tend to put points into lycanthropy early on in the game and put a single point into whichever summons I desire also in the early phases. I tend to leave the elemental skills alone. During the early phases, feral rage is my primary attack skill. When I get fury then I dump all points into that skill and try to max it first. In fairness, I should mention that I'm significantly biased toward wolves. Basically, I'll max fury, lycanthropy, a spirit of choice, put 10 hard points into WW and 10 hard points into a bear and that's basically it. Others like using the dire wolves. It's a matter of style. I find the bear does better with bosses and has that nice knock back feature.

good luck and good hunting,
    Kirah