Noob Questions

ConspicuousD

Diabloii.Net Member
Noob Questions

1: With attacks like feral rage is it necessary to continually use the attack after I use it and the "orb" is floating around me? I.E. after the initial hit and the orb starts to spin around me will a normal attack take affect as a feral rage attack would? Also, does continually activating the attack( making the orb larger ) increase the effectiveness of the attack?

2: With builds like fury/rabies, how are both attacks used in synergy? Or are they just two options for attacks that are used by themselves? Also, how is the energy attained to constantly use these attacks? The guides say put no points into energy, but it seems like it would add up pretty quick.

Thanks for your time!!

robzombiesslave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Noob Questions

When the "floating orb" gets bigger it is charging up. Once its charged up you can switch to other skills (until the orb's timer is up) im not sure how long. But in order to keep it spinning around you, yes you need to refresh it.

The idea with fury/rabies build is, you bite the guy with your rabies, then the rabies plays its toll, and has a specific duration. Once you infected the monster with rabies, you can hack away while the posion from rabies drains their life.

Both of these are merely combination attacks.

Its similar to a sorc casting a hydra, but since there is a delay in casting the next hydra you can spam other spells (without a delay timer) so you have a higher damage output. And you arent playing with your thumbs while you wait to cast another one.

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member

It seems like all these attacks would soak up your energy fast wouldn't it?
None of them are mana-intensive skills. A little bit of mana leech will go a long way, and in pvp you'll have plenty of mana from Torch/Anni adding to energy on their own (not to mention BO if you use a Call to Arms). In my opinion, the only characters that should ever touch energy are ES sorcs and town lamerbears.

Reticent Drappa

Diabloii.Net Member

1: With attacks like feral rage is it necessary to continually use the attack after I use it and the "orb" is floating around me? I.E. after the initial hit and the orb starts to spin around me will a normal attack take affect as a feral rage attack would? Also, does continually activating the attack( making the orb larger ) increase the effectiveness of the attack?
Once the orb is charged you can switch to say, fury and still gain the leech etc from feral rage. When the orb dissapears, the effects of feral rage will no longer be working, and you can (if you choose) charge feral up again.

If you are planning on playing pvm then be warned that rabies is slow in hell mode, even with near idealistic gear.
For pvp rabies can work wonders though.
As KellKheraptis pointed out, avoid putting into energy--if you find it to be a problem, use mana pots.

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of Wolves!

The typical strategy is to charge up the feral rage with a couple of hits. This gives you life leech, speed, etc. You have a 20 second window with which to enjoy. Making the orb larger does increase benefits. Both fury and feral aren't very mana intensive, so most wolves don't add any points to energy instead concentrating on vitality (Vita Wolf) or strength (Titan Wolf).

good luck and good hunting!
Kirah