Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

noob questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Not Here, May 23, 2005.

1. Not Here

Not Here IncGamers Member

noob questions

1) I never seem to have anything any one wants for trade. What do you do for trading?

2) Also what do people do with the good items such as unique, set and good rare items they don't keep and or sell? I've been looking for charactors at min level to use with best fiting class and giving to them free.

3) Why do peolpe tend to give free items that take a while to be able to use?

4) What do most people keep in their stashes?

5) Why does no one pick up items to sell for money? People seem only to identify and drop.

6) Do most people even use gold? If not how do they get the items that they use?

7) Why do people go hostile for no reason?

8) When I die people steal my potions and moeny but when I started doing the same they got mad at me.

9) Is there a standerd set honerable rules I should fallow? If so how many others fallow such rules?

10) What is and is not allowed in dules?

11) Is there a good way to trade between my charectors haveing only one computer and no friends?

12) Why do people never want anyone else to kill the cow king?

13) Why do level 80 something charactors kill normal cows?

14) Does increased attack speed affect a paladin's combat skills?

I know I'll think of more but this is a start. and yes I know I come off as one heck of a DUMBAZZ noob but I've never played anything online other than spades.

15) One more question. I know this form doesn't want us to insult other members but is it ok to insult myself?

2. southernhell

southernhell IncGamers Member

First u should never insult urself. for question 14 yes it will make the attack go faster if it is zeal or somthin like it. as for high lvl ppl in low lvl cows games idk i guess they just arnt able to do nething eles. and if u kill cow king then the person that killed the king and everyone in there party well not be able to make cows again. and for question 11 no if ur on east and non ladder i could help. for not being allowed in duels nething goes ,but most ppl dont like ne1 useing health potions. no rules just dont swear in the chat. and when they steal ur stuff and u steal theres there just sore losers. no idea on why they hostile like that. and for the rest of the questions (1-6) ppl are just diffrent some want some dont. sorry i went through the questions backwards.

3. Not Here

Not to sound rude or anything but I'm a 20 year old man and it is my right to do to myself as I please. I was asking if such a thing is agenst the rules.

Question 14 was refering to items and or auras giving % increased attack speed to combat skills suck as sacrafice and vengence.

Sorry I'm on west.

Thank you for your help and feel free to anser any way and or in any order you please.

16) Is there a max attack speed?

4. southernhell

southernhell IncGamers Member

im sorry if i sounded rude to u i was just makin a joke. plz forgive me. i think there is a max but not sure how high it is and yes they should work for vengence and sacrafice.

5. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Trading on the realms is difficult since most people want only the very best at this point. If you need better items you're probably better off creating a magic find build (if you haven't already) and running the various bosses and lvl 85 areas. If you already have a MF build well, just keep on plugging away and you'll eventually get something good enough to trade.

How do you know when you have something worth trading? Check out the price guides in the various trade forums on this site and see what items are listed (since if it's not listed most people aren't looking for it)

Most people create a lvl 1 character use it as a mule, basically a character purely for storage. Giving away items is also a great way to dispose of items you have no use for and up the ol' Karma meter a couple ticks as well.

Probably because the lower level items that are actually useful when you're lower level aren't even worth picking up in most people's minds. So they only have mid to end-game quality stuff to give away.

It can vary depending on the character, some of my characters carry pre-buff gear in their stash, some carry MF gear for last hits on bosses, and some carry items I haven't muled off yet.

I certainly do, most of the elite armors, wands/scepters/staffs/heads with high lvl spells on them all sell for the maximum 35k. People tend to be in such a rush to find items they probably dont even want to bother going to town.

Gold is useful for repairing and gambling (but ironically not as actually currency in trades). Most people either find items themselves or trade for them.

Just because they can probably. It's most likely nothing personal, just bnetters being bnetters.

This kind of behaviour is generally considered Bad Manner but anything goes in public dueling so it's something you just have to deal with. You can always leave and rejoin the game if people are corpse camping.

You might want to check out Clan-Honor forum on this site. They have a very well thought out set of rules concerning PvP.

Self muling is a dicy process sometimes with realm-downs on bnet but its pretty much the only way to transfer items between characters legitly when all you have is one computer. You can do a search for it on the forums, I'd really rather not be the one responsible for you losing any of your items.

If you kill the Cow King, the player who originally opened the portal can no longer open up any portals to the cow level. Not too great if you wanted to run cows multiple times.

My guess is for the Cow King Set, it only drops in the cow level. The boots are notoriously hard to find

It affects: Sacrifice, Zeals, Smite, Vengeance, and Conversion (not sure about charge but I'm thinking no)

Go right on ahead if you want.

Yes, but it depends on the skill and the weapon you are using.

6. Not Here

I didn't mean to imply that you were rude, I was just saying not to take my post as rude :)

How can I find out what the max for what I have and the best max possible is?

Thank you, you have been vary helpful.

7. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

If your on West sc non-ladder I can give you some starter items, Ill always ready to help new players :thumbsup: .

8. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

This Speed Calculator is generally the go-to resource for information on attack speed on these forums.

9. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

This isnt quite correct.

If someone that hasnt killed the king kills the king then everyone in the game gets credit. Anybody who has credit for killing the king will not be able to open the portal to the Moo Moo Farm in that difficulty. This is the only way to get credit for this "quest".

Therefore its safe for people who have killed the king prior to continue to kill the king, b/c when they do no one will get credit.