noob questions bout WW

PierceBRS

Diabloii.Net Member
noob questions bout WW

just wonderin somethin, i dont have WW yet but i noticed that it takes a lot of mana, and every guide i look at says "DONT GET ANY ENERGY" and i havent yet, but how am i gonna be able to WW without any energy?

my guess was that all those builds required u to use mana leech which i dont have any of (just came back to d2) so what is a lowly barb to do?

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member
PierceBRS said:
just wonderin somethin, i dont have WW yet but i noticed that it takes a lot of mana, and every guide i look at says "DONT GET ANY ENERGY" and i havent yet, but how am i gonna be able to WW without any energy?

my guess was that all those builds required u to use mana leech which i dont have any of (just came back to d2) so what is a lowly barb to do?
gear gives you mana, ravenfrost for example.
if you pvm then botd has ml.
for pvp several charms with mana solv the problem

PierceBRS

Diabloii.Net Member
yea but what if ur gear is bad, BotD is hard to get when ur lvl 30 :-D just got ww btw i can do it for like 1 seconds :(

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, the deal is, you HAVE to have mana leech to use whirlwind, period. Energy is a terrible, terrible source of mana, since it's just 1 mana/point invested.

If all else fails, play another character until you get some decent barb gear, or go trade in the channels for something like Manald Heal.

-Hal

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
battle orders also helps alot. even at level one it can help with the mana problem. the best thing is to find some low mana leech rings until you can find a weapon that has good mana leech

GuinnessMike

Diabloii.Net Member
One thing I did was build a Socketed Maul with pskulls in the sockets - leeches life and mana - I rarely run out

Naracla

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't use WW with my barb a lot until I got to higher levels. By then, BO and charms and gear give you more mana. At early levels when you can't use but two or three times before you run out of mana, smacking things works just as well.