Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

noob question: is eth titans INDESTRUCTIBLE?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by damaris, Jun 29, 2005.

1. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

noob question: is eth titans INDESTRUCTIBLE?

hi all. im goin to make my first spear/javazon. while i was MF'ing using my other char, i found an eth titans. now my question is, is eth titans indestructible? it has mods like increase stask quantity, replenish stack... but it doesnt have any durability either its eth or non-eth. so im wondering, what will happen when its used up? will it remain the quantity to zero and become useless?

2. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

yes it will, but it replenshes quantity, so if u never let it get to 0, i think u would be just fine.

3. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

yay... fast respond! i like that :D thx.

4. mgill1772

mgill1772 IncGamers Member

^^^^^^ thats somewhat dated info, in 1.10, they are in effect indestructible in the fact that even when quantity reaches zero, they will still replenish, nice find dude, upgrade them!!!

5. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

What mods on the eth titans? If it's a 190+/8+ I'd like to offer you something for it -- if you want.

And yes. it will replenish when it hits zero. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get from 0 to full.

-raffster

6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

The "quantity 0" stacks open up an interesting question, though.

If my titans are non-eth, I can take a partially used stack to Charsi and she'll give me a full stack (for 1 gold, IIRC) --- so I guess she's somehow duplicating the javelins that are still there, since the javelins I get from her have exactly the same properties as the existing ones.

The same happens if I hand her a stack of 0 titans. So I'm standing there, handing her a stack of 0 javelins to "repair", and she even does it. Good girl.

The question remains, however: if I can hand her 0 titans to get a full set of titans, why can't I just hand her 0 javelins instead? Why do I have to get titans elsewhere, and throw all of them away before Charsi will turn my 0 remaining javelins back into a full stack?

:scratch:

I don't even want to think about how "replenishes quantity" actually works. The amount of energy required to generate Javelins out of thin air must be insane... and yet there is no sign of a suitable generator.

Would a sonic screwdriver be powerful enough for that?

7. Freezing Rain

Freezing Rain IncGamers Member

You think too hard. Javaling come back, *grunt* we throw. You die.

8. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

upgrading ethereal items are not usually recommended because the ethereal bug, sometimes the upgrade item has less damage or less defence.

9. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

LOL! I am not sure about the sonic screwdriver. The Doctor would not give his up. But a reticular regenerator would do it.

10. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

AFAIK only ethereal armors are bugged (their base defense is rerolled when upgraded). Upgrading weapons will work just fine.

11. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

Quite true

12. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Only Eth Armour Upgrades are bugged.

Also I believe the base quantity of eth titans can be lowered. If you throw fast enough for it to no replenish. There was a weird thread out there that talks about how to do that. So technically it can run out.

13. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

eth titans and upped titans are the stupidest items i see on the realms
    if you are a jabber you can have a better weapon
    if you are lightning, the increased physical part is pointless
    if you are poison, i feel sorry for you
    just sell that piece of crap to a nub and get yourself some thunderstrokes(lightning) or demon arch(jab)

14. Frozenmage

Frozenmage IncGamers Member

and go town every 5 min to repair your javs :thumbsup:

15. londra

londra IncGamers Member

I have to disagree with you. You can't really get a better weapon for jabbing than upgraded etheral Titan's.

The problem is that in hell mode, you’ll often run into monsters with certain immunity. So, a lot of the time, the elemental damage from the Demon’s Arch becomes useless. Upped Titan’s (not even mentioning the etheral ones) get better physical damage than the Arch does. And quite honestly, I’d take physical damage over elemental one any time. Jabbers are all about leeching properly, Arch’s elemental damage is useless for that part, the physical damage is too small as well.
    The thing is that Demon’s Arch has nothing else to offer except for the life leech. But the Titan’s have it as well, not to mention FRW, + strenght, + dexteriy and + skills.

I do agree with you on one thing though. I’ve always thought that throwing etheral Titan’s was a waste or at least pushing it. After all, your physical damage is going to hit one monster at a time. It’s not like etheral titans would rise your elemental damage which is where your main damage comes from.

16. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

But the physical damage is where your mana (probably) comes from...

17. londra

londra IncGamers Member

You do have a point there. Although I still believe that drinking pots is sexy...
    I can't see a lot of use for them in PvM though. Or maybe I'm just not that patient to wait for the javelins to replenish. :)