Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob question about smiter and ubers

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Torque, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Torque

Torque IncGamers Member

Noob question about smiter and ubers

Hey guys,

Quick question: What is the main reason smite is such a good skill against the ubers? Is it because it stuns a little, ignores target defence, the damage?

I havn't played with smite much but it seems that the stun is pretty short in duration and that the knockback would make it harder to kill the uber (as he keeps moving back).

I know I'm missing something. Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

2. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Smite is the only melee skill in the game that completely ignores defense. Against Ubers it will hit almost every time (iirc the 95% chance to hit maximum is still applied).

With Smite every swing has a chance to apply Crushing Blow and every swing restores massive amounts of life with Lifetap, making it the most suited skill in the game for killing them solo.

3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I've never actually had knockback on the Ubers while fighting them before, so it's nto really a problem.

4. Torque

Torque IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info.

So, is crushing blow built into the smite skill or is it just that it gets applied when using smite because of equipment you might be wearing that gives crushing blow?

5. Azzaron

Azzaron IncGamers Member

Crushing Blow (CB) is not built into smite. You have to wear equipment that applies CB. The reason you use smite is that you hit more often, thus setting off the CB chance from your equipment more often.