Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob quesitons

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by cizar, Jun 30, 2008.

1. cizar

cizar IncGamers Member

Noob quesitons

Hey guys, i haven't played this game in 4 years at least. I dunno much about it anymore and was looking for some help on questions i have.

1. I was looking to be a mage again most likely or a pally. What are the best builds leveling wise?

2. I remember i could never figure out how to get good set items, what level do i have to get to to start seeing set items, do i need alot of MF gear to get them?

3. basically my questions have a lot to do with leveling and getting good equipment. How early do i get that stuff? Do i get good stuff by going through the acts?

Thanks for all you help guys, any answers will be a great help.

Thanks.

2. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Re: Noob quesitons

1. There are a few good starting builds; check the stickies in each subforum for the exact builds. For the sorceress, there are Meteorb (note: Fireball is used more than meteor! Meteor just makes the name sound better.), Chain Lightning/Frozen Orb, and Blizzballer. The best Paladin build for getting stuff is the Hammerdin. Though if you want a real easy time and don't mind taking it slow, a summoner Necromancer (aka "Fishymancer") is a great starter.

2. Set items can drop anywhere. Your character level doesn't influence drops in any way. You don't "need" MF gear, but it certainly helps. However, make sure you don't put on so much MF that you cripple your survivability or killing speed. Dying equals not killing things. Not killing things equals not getting any drops for MF to work on in the first place.

3. Going through normally, you will find stuff once in a while. To really focus on getting sets and uniques, you should focus on the act bosses and superuniques. Mephisto and Baal are the usual "big" MF targets. Diablo and Andariel are sometimes run too, but less often. Of the superuniques, Shenk/Eldritch (both by the first waypoint in Act 5) and Pindleskin (right by anya's portal) are quick runs. However, some people prefer running areas so they can get high level socketed items for use with runewords. The Countess is a good source of Runes.

3. cizar

cizar IncGamers Member

Thank you very much

I have been reading about this IK Barb. What does IK mean and is it a good leveling charecter. I read it in the forums, and it looked alright.

Also can these meph runs and these other bosses be done solo?

Thanks again for any answers.

4. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

IK Barb stands for Immortal King Barbarian. The Immortal King is an equipment set specifically for Barbarians, and a powerful one at that. The IK Barb is a good character that can solo any area, which is why it is such a popular build.

Mephisto, as well as all other boss, runs can definitely be done solo. In fact that is how most people do their magic finding runs, to ensure that no one steals the equipment that drops.

5. cizar

cizar IncGamers Member

What level can you do mephitso at or is it just when you get to him in the act?

6. Nimbostratus

There's no level requirement for fighting Mephisto. The only boss with a level requirement is the Ancients battle (20 in normal, 40 in nightmare, 60 in hell).

Also, I wouldn't quite call an IK barb a good "leveling" character, since you have to be a pretty high level to equip the set =P

7. cizar

cizar IncGamers Member

ahh ok. Does the difficulty affect the gear that drops?

8. Nimbostratus

Yes, since the enemy levels are a whole lot higher. Higher level monsters = (potentially) higher level gear dropped. There's no guarantee you'll find anything amazing, though.