Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob Post

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Spankie, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Spankie

Spankie Diabloii.Net Member

Noob Post

Hello everyone! Although I have been "sort of" playing D2 for many a year, I have been only a part-timer and never progressed very far due to basic ineptitude with builds. lol.

But I got the itch to dust the cd off last month and since finding the forums here have gotten some much welcomed info!

But now i would like to try my hand at some of the fun looking tournements going on, but I still play on 1.7, and haven't a clue about the newer ones... i didn't even know Blizzard was releasing updates until I came here.

So I hope you all can help me. Is it worth it to upgrade to a newer version of the game, I play LOD by the way. And if so which is better?

Thanks!

2. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

First of all, welcome to the forums :smiley:
    Second, if you are going to play online it is a must to upgrade to the current version. Are you going to play in SP or on battle.net?

3. Spankie

Spankie Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the welcome!

Thats what I was thinking too but I was worried as i know most all the baddies have been pumped up considerably in 1.10 and 1.11

And I usually play SP, the one time i logged into battle.net I was humbled by all the high leveled characters and didn't see anyone just starting out to see if I could join a game. So I have zero experince in the realms and B.net

4. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

For the experience on realms or bnet issue, just look at the community forum more and you will learn something from them :azn:

5. Kijya

Kijya Diabloii.Net Member

You could update and play around in SP to learn the new patch, and then when ladder resets you can playing ladder among all the other who have to restart (meaning no high lvl ones will be around). (Here's more info about the ladder thing)

Welcome to the forums :smiley:

6. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

starting near the end of a ladder season is good practice to figure out what other ladder players needs are, try to collect some of those items and learn how to trade for better gear

basics are
    jewels (some crafters need them in large quantities)
    perfect gems (sort them amethysts and rubies are generally worth a little more)
    runes (rals and up are needed by crafters)

each realm has a little different economy going atm, the us realms are flooded with duped high runes (mal+), so be careful trading for them