Noob needs Necro Help and Suggestions

BigHoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Noob needs Necro Help and Suggestions

So after being away from the game for awhile my bro and I decided to start playing again. We started playing ladder before the recent merge and we were lucky enough to come to non ladder with a pretty good stash of equipment and items. I want to build a Necro however I know very little about them and was looking for suggestions as far as what type to make, where to put stat and skill points and what to equip him with. I have never been very good at PVP so i was figuring on going PVM to save myself the frustration of getting owned on a regular basis. So please have at it, im all ears and I am ready to play

BigHoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Noob needs Necro Help and Suggestions

Mantis thanks for the suggestions, I have looked over the types of Necros you provided a number of times and I have run in to the problem of not being able to make up my mind as to which one I want to make lol. Once I get past that stage I will be on my way, there are just so many to pick from and they all sound good

Hello Jim

Diabloii.Net Member

PvP is too hard, especially with no top-of-the-line gear, which you need for PvPing.
PvM is excellent for starting, especially Magic Finding which is helpfull to gather good stuff for your char/other chars you want to build in the future.

Among all the Necro the best for starters is Summoner I belive. It's very very simple, requires NO good gear at all and can solo the whole game faily easily. It's a great MFer and since you don't really need gear for yourself, you can keep it for other builds you want to try out. Plus, you get the hang of it pretty quick.

So, IMO, read some Summoner guides. If you like it, try it out. It's really awesome for starters.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

I have run in to the problem of not being able to make up my mind as to which one I want to make lol.
We can't decide what would be fun for you to play. That is something that you really need to find out for yourself.

BigHoff

Diabloii.Net Member

Mantis I think after reading everything over (and over and over and over again) I am going to follow your guide and shoot for a fishymancer and see how it goes.