"Noob" needs help fast please.

Afanagi

Diabloii.Net Member
"Noob" needs help fast please.

I just opened portal to forgotten sands and when I try to enter, the game kicks me off. I dont know, why. I can reconnect to game, but I cant enter. I would be grateful for any suggest. Its my first uberportal opened.

Im gonna cry:(((

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Afanagi said:
I just opened portal to forgotten sands and when I try to enter, the game kicks me off. I dont know, why. I can reconnect to game, but I cant enter. I would be grateful for any suggest. Its my first uberportal opened.

Please don't cry! It's only a game! Real Life blows D2 away!!!

Regarding your problem, I got no clue. Have you ever had a similar problem?

Afanagi

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
Please don't cry! It's only a game! Real Life blows D2 away!!!

Regarding your problem, I got no clue. Have you ever had a similar problem?
I had a similar problem once. The game kicked me out, when I completed act and tried to get to the following one. But then I installed my soundcard and everything was allright. Now my soundcard is allright. The windows make a beep sound and throw a message about some unhandled exception. I dont know what to do, but my game is permed and Im in.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Afanagi said:

what realm are you in??

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Afanagi said:
I had a similar problem once. The game kicked me out, when I completed act and tried to get to the following one.
I have that problem when I run D2 at my wife's work. It's only a little annoying since I've always been able to rejoin the game, Act completed...nothing lost. I've never heard of this one though. I know you need to make each portal in a different spot when collecting the body parts, but I've never heard of being kicked out of the game when jumping through one.:undecided:

Afanagi

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
I have that problem when I run D2 at my wife's work. It's only a little annoying since I've always been able to rejoin the game, Act completed...nothing lost. I've never heard of this one though. I know you need to make each portal in a different spot when collecting the body parts, but I've never heard of being kicked out of the game when jumping through one.:undecided:
Yeah. I know, its strange. The game crashes right after I go through the teleport. I've seen the area there for a while, but then it crashes. Im sure mu comp is allright. P4 2.94ghz, 768megs of ram, Ati X700pro 256megs and integrated sound card. There are no collisions of hardware according to Windows device manager. Im pretty upset, I cant do torch runs.:(

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
MapleBarb said:
what realm are you in??
MapleBarb: From his previous posts, it looks like he's in Europe Softcore Ladder.

Afanagi: You might try posting a cry for help in the Player Matchup forum. Anybody here with a high post count is quite trustworthy from my experience.

Afanagi

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
Afanagi: You might try posting a cry for help in the Player Matchup forum. Anybody here with a high post count is quite trustworthy from my experience.
Thanks. A friend got the eye for me;)

...but the trouble persists

Afanagi

Diabloii.Net Member
RubenusPontius said:
if it is indeed Europe SC L and you still need help I can help you out. give me a whisper on *rubenuspontius...
Its ok, I got the organ. But I still cant go through red portals
But thanks anyway

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Off the top of my head I would try reinstalling D2 and reinstalling your video drivers. Since D2 is not written for directX it can do weird things with video cards.