Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

noob mf question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jjboy, Apr 1, 2005.

1. jjboy

jjboy IncGamers Member

noob mf question

i heard of other than the normal mf drops after you have killed an act boss, there is also a special quest mf drop from act boss when you r doing the quest or when the quest cannot be completed in the game.

i was just wondering if the drops quality will decrease after you have killed the act boss continuously after the superdrop quest?

does superdrops work on super unique monster eg: pindleskin?

i sort of having bad luck mfing after i found some good stuffs during my first 5 runs.

thank you for ur answers

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

No, your drop quality will not continually decrease with each kill. There are only 2 drops, the regular drop and the quest drop.

If you found good stuff in only 5 runs, good job. Mf'ing is boring, be prepared to do hundreds/thousands of runs, or at least tens of runs.

3. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

There are only two drops to concern yourself with:

- Quest Drop
    - Normal Drop

Blizzard stated before the v1.10 patch that drop quality of Act bosses would decrease. This has never been proven, and has been considered a scare tactic to encourage players to play other parts of the game.

No. There is no Uber drop for superuniques.

Serious Magic Finding is about perserverance. You will have many instances where very little drops.

4. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 IncGamers Member

Very true.

I remember one weekend I was pulling all sorts of neat gear - only only spent a few hours mfing and I was very happy!

The following weekend I MF for about 20 hours and found mostly junk!

It really is about luck - dont believe anything else - there are always thousands of rumours about how MF works, dont subscribe to any of them!

The generall rules for MF are though - always do level 85 areas, load up with as much MF gear as you can so that you can still kill quickly and stay alive.

If your killing speed goes down to half speed because you have 1000% MF then reduce it so that you can still kill quickly, remember MF has severe diminishing returns so its always mroe productive to kill quickly with a decent MF level, rather than to have high MF and take 3x longer to do the same MF run.

5. jjboy

jjboy IncGamers Member

thanks evryone