Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob Items Questions.

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Levirax, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Levirax

Levirax IncGamers Member

Noob Items Questions.

Hi, how could I be a lvl 85 and gamble a ring lvl 2 to use? Shouldnt it be +5/-4 lvls? Im kinda lost with this. Is SOJ Craftable/Gambled?

How can I know which level is an item?

I read that Archon Plate with Chain of Honor Runeword is the best option for my sorcerer, should I find the best (perfect) armor to make the runeword? In Arreat Summit (Battlenet database) it says that Archon Plate can have 410-524 armor.

I found a site that has Superiors versions of Archon Plate to sell, with higher defense and atk rating if I am not wrong, and, when they make the CoH Runeword, the armor goes to 971. Would then all the armors (archon plate variants) be the same after the runeword? The Superior AP is just known by the Superior preffix? Is there any way to craft/create/upgrade any item to get the Archon Plate? Is the Archon plate an elite armor?

Is there any way to craft unique items with Horadric Cube?

Sorry, I know they are veeeery newbie questions, but they were hurting me haha...

Thanks.

2. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

Re: Noob Items Questions.

From Arreat Summit Linky on gambling.
    The ilvl of the gambled item is +5/-4 the clvl.

No! Previously they could be gambled, but not anymore. Other unique rings can be gambled though.

You can never see the ilvl of an item, if you play on the realms! [disregarding some hacks or cheats]

There is never attack rating on a white/gray armor!
    Superior enhances defence by up to 15% and durability up to 15%.
    All superior Archon Plates with the same superior ed will have the same defense.
    And since CoH runeword dosen't have any variable stats, all CoH APs will have the same defense if made in identical base armors.
    You can upgrade a Yellow or Gold Light Plate to a Mage Plate and similarly upgrade a Yellow / Gold Mage Plate to an Archon Plate. There is no way of upgrading Blue, White or Gray items.
    And yes! - the AP is an elite armor.

No! But you can upgrade non-elite uniques with a cube recipy.

You're welcome
    Tom

3. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Ok, lots of questions... here we go.

When gambling, you will almost always be of a level to use the item since although the ilvl can vary by +5/-4 if you roll an affix which is 5 levels above your current level, you will still be able to use it, since on Rares and Magics, the required level is equal to approx 3/4 the level of the highest ilvl. Therefore, if with your level 85 character you happened to roll a level 90 affix, it would still only require you to be level 67/68 to use. No, you cannot craft a SOJ, but you can gamble one. Odds of a unique are 1 in 5000 I think, and SOJs are a very rare form of unique ring.

You cannot see the ilvl of an item. You can only work it out if you know where it was dropped and what it was dropped by.

Archon Plates are good. CoH is good for sorceresses. Not my taste, but whatever. Word of warning, Archon plates require 103 strength. If you are not going for spirit, your strength with likely not be this high. Archon plate CoHs are good, and are a stock standard, but on your sorceress defense doesn't matter as much as the only defense boosting skills you have are the cold armours, which don't boost by that much. This, the difference between a 410 Archon and a 524 Archon my only be 300-400 defense points at the most, which is pretty much negligible against most opponents since you will likely be running only about 4k defense total. Sure, if you want, throw your CoH in a superior armour, but the repair costs will be huge. A 524 def normal Archon is the best in my eyes.

You can create unique items with the Horodric cube, but they are limited to the Horodric Staff and Khalim's Will. Probably not what you were after. But you can also create stylish flat unique hand axes ;-)

Ta Da! Answers!

Laz

4. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

Watch out, it's -5 / +4, not the other way 'round.

-AnQ

5. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

The odds of gambling a unique are 1:1000. The odds of a unique ring being a soj are pretty terrible. It's definately faster to mf for them than gamble.

6. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Vouch the above, for a sorc def isn't so important. If you're just starting out don't waste runes on buying a perf 4sox Archon Plate, you won't see the benefit (by the way, buying items from online stores with real money is frowned upon here, just in case that was what you were talking about when you said "I found a site that has Superiors versions of Archon Plate to sell").

Chances are you will be aiming for 156str for a "Spirit" Monarch shield, so your strength is going to have to be quite high anyway - just keep an eye out for a suitable piece of armour and make CoH in that once you've got the runes.

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I have a gambled soj, SP 1.11b RWM/RRM

I think it was 1.09 or 1.07 where sets and uniques couldn't be gambled.

8. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

I stand corrected then. I thought you could gamble all unique jewelry except SOJs due to some old hack, but apparently that isn't the case.

So any set and unique item can be gambled (exept of course for shrunken heads, barb helmets, paladin shields etc.) with the right amount of patience and gold.

9. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

IIRC cow set cannot be gambled too.

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

And back in 1.0x there was some bug with upgrading, so when gambling heavy belts (hoping for set troll belt) you'd get a completely different elite instead of troll belt (or something, old bug, don't remember the specifics anymore).

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

When gambling, the ilvl boundaries are clvl-5..clvl+4, not clvl+5...clvl-4.