Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob in distress!!!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Burn To Burn, May 2, 2008.

1. Burn To Burn

Burn To Burn IncGamers Member

Noob in distress!!!

I'm totally new pretty much everything. When I played years ago, i would play b.net but just play by myself. I just bought LOD last week and started playing again. I just got familiar w/ cow rushes. Now doing Baal runs. Thats where I get confused. When I do these Baal runs and beat him, how come it doesn't count as my quest?? Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to yet. Do I have to create the game in order to complete quest? please explain

2. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

Re: Noob in distress!!!

Well, The reason why you cannot complete the quest is because the Quest has Already been done by the person who created it.

You cannot complete a quest in games that had already been completed by someone else..

Yes you would have to create/join a game that hasnt completed the quest you want to do..

hope that helps.

3. Burn To Burn

Burn To Burn IncGamers Member

it does....but how can I be sure I won't complete quest?

4. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

If you are talking about Baal :

When you join Baal runs ~ most probably the Baal Quest has Already Been Done.

Double Check by going to the Quest Tab.

If you have completed the quest, it would be greyed out. showing "Quest done"

If you have the game that has already completed, it would be colour-ed but indicating "you cannot complete this quest ..Blah blah.." which means you can go ahead a kill baal without completing the quest.

If you have the game that had not done yet, it would says "Find Baal's Throne". Since you don't want to complete the baal quest, do not kill the baal in that case.
    Leave the game before baals dies.

5. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Also in many Baal runs everyone stops at the minions, they don't usually go and kill Baal. Sometimes he might drop good stuff but usually u never see it. Baal dies slower without ca very good character around, and the exp is not incredible.

So you can do Baal runs, but leave the party after the minions and don't go and kill Baal, this way you won't get quest even if someone kills Baal and u made game

6. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

Just an addendum to what alecz said, you probably don't want to kill baal as this will mean you will only see Nightmare games and thus find it hard to find a normal baal run.

Ideally you probably want to kill normal baal after level 45 or so.

7. Koyen

Koyen IncGamers Member

What realm are you playing? Europe got a decent amount of friendly players, so some over and we'll help you out :)