Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob here. wants protips

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by XbryanX, Aug 4, 2010.

1. XbryanX

XbryanX IncGamers Member

Noob here. wants protips

I had played a few years ago with a junk bowazon and was attempting to make a frozenorb sorc and had a nice guide from here for it. That computer dies and fast forward to now where im starting fresh. No twinked characters. no gear period. And i want to make either an amazon or a Hammerdin and start getting some gear for the future sorc ill be making so i can get into trading again.

Anyone remember the amazing sorc guide with all the teleport and fcr and block rate stuff since i dont remember any of it?

and any tips on whether an amazon or a hammerdin/zealot would be better to start with?

thanks for your time.

2. naranjadita

naranjadita IncGamers Member

Re: Noob here. wants protips

Go for a hammerdin if you have no gear (dual spirit + stealth is enough). You won't go very far with a bow-ama without descent bow/arbalest. If you decide to create an amazon, make a java - it's much more powerful and requires much less gear to be really descent.

Sorceress cast rate breakpoints:
    Blocking formula from Arreat Summit:
    Sorc guides from the sorc forum:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427018

Pat/Mat/Guard compillation, where you can find useful information on different builds of any class:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734413

3. Thomh

Thomh IncGamers Member

All of the mentioned classes are decent MFers untwinked. You could use a Fishyzon, the mentioned Hammerdin and I think this is the guide you are looking for when it comes to the sorceress.

You should choose whichever you find the most fun, although I`m sure the Sorceress will find the most items given a set time frame:) Both the Hammerdin and Fishyzon are very solid area runners, so if you like doing that instead of killing Mephisto and Pindleskin over and over, they are definately an option.

You can also re-spec the sorceress into a Blizzard Sorceress when you have enough wealth and start hitting Ancient Tunnels and Mephisto/Pindle more effectively. The world is yours:)

4. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

So cruel being on the spf, where you can shut a man up for two years just by saying:

RTFM

^^

5. Tanksaabas

Tanksaabas IncGamers Member

Three words when you want a start on your item pool: Hell , Mephisto and Blizzard.

6. JKS

JKS IncGamers Member

Harmony bow is ridiculously easy to make and you can make the word in several bows as you progress. I am not saying that a bowzon will have easy time untwinked, but it is definately not because of a lack of weapon.

7. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Be aware that 1.13 has greatly changed the effectiveness of Blessed Hammer. Hammerdins aren't the end-all-and-be-all that that they once were.

8. XbryanX

XbryanX IncGamers Member

That is the exact guide im gonna be aiming for.. now which toon first? the sorc or the amazon? seems like teh sorc needs more gear so amazon first... What are some decent newb builds? the aforementioned fishyzon?

9. XbryanX

XbryanX IncGamers Member

is a fishyzon my best bet or does anyone have a hammerdin untwinked guide?

ohh i heard fishymancers are impossible to screw up. maybe ill go that route. now to find a guide.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  10. Corale

Corale IncGamers Member