Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob Grief Question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GaArchAnGeL, Sep 13, 2006.

1. GaArchAnGeL

GaArchAnGeL IncGamers Member

Noob Grief Question

Hi there, Does Grief actually add damage to smite? If yes, how come mine does the same damage with/without Grief?

2. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

It doesn't show on char screen

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The +dmg on Grief does not show up on the char screen. Even though the damage is not correctly displayed, you do do a lot more damage than the char screen says. This question has been asked a billion times already.

4. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=d2-gameplay&t=163465&p=1&#post163465

20. Why do people talk about the "Lying Character Screen", or LCS?

Because the screen flat out LIES about many important stats. Meaning that the numbers you see on the character screen are not the numbers the game actually uses. I do not think it has had any major updates since 1.06, so things like +damage modifiers, off-weapon ED%, etc. are NOT displayed correctly, if at all.
    Gta-maloy] had this to say about it:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q u o t e:

That screen, in many circumstances, only properly shows resistances, the character's level, the experience gained and the damage dealt for the first two levels.

After that is done, it sucks.

Once you die, the Anya bug is not listed. (interjection: I, Ernir, will discuss the Anya bug below)

Masteries and synergies are not properly multiplied together, damage modifiers are completely ignored, the equations used for AR and damage are outdated....

The chance to block seems alright though :S
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ortliebj added this:

Q u o t e:

It is broken by the time you reach a place called the "Den of Evil".

There's even an old bug where your name can be displayed incorrectly.

For the CORRECT damage and AR numbers, check this site. http://dpw.bounceme.net/d2/

5. GaArchAnGeL

GaArchAnGeL IncGamers Member

Sorry if its considered spam, but i tried to search for the answer and couldn't find it(hence 'noob'). Just like how i cant find the breakpoints for ias for various skills.